Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, starting in December of last year I started traking my wins and losses in the comments section of the boardgames I have played (along with various win streaks). Does anyone else track their win/loss ratio's in games? And is there an easier way to do it besides manually? (some BGG option I've overlooked?)....I've also noticed that my favorite games also tend to be among my higher win/loss games.....I wonder if there is a connection there.......

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, you're registering wins & losses the only way you can, as part of the play recording. But BGG seems really not focused on tracking or even displaying this info. Most of the "recent play" searches you can do won't give you any of that info, there's no column for wins and losses on the played report, on the iphone app, you can't even indicate who won/lost, etc.

Probably the weakest part of BGG's overall design, IMO, which is a shame, because this would be really interesting and useful information if it wasn't so hidden and buried.

Ah well, beggars can't be choosers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
If you log your plays, you could do it there as well.

Or use a spreadsheet independent of BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
AFAIK, you're registering wins & losses the only way you can, as part of the play recording.

No, he's doing it in the comment for each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked, he's actually adding players and ticking the box for who won on the interface. He's also adding comments separately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Aha, I just looked at the game comments.

If you check the win box on logged plays, is there an automatic way to see aggregated results? I guess not, from your previous comment. I log plays, but don't use those additional checkboxes.

Perhaps some user has made an external way to get at that data (via extracting the data from the BGG database).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I do what I can...I'm a little OCD though. I check the boxes, I keep track in the comments section and I use Tic-Tac-Toe Comment Section to track win/loss for every month (and eventually year) per amount of player. I do it to see how I do at various games. I would love to see how the people I play with fair but I'm not quite THAT OCDwhistle

Haha, it's probably for the best, if they did have something to track wins/losses on here I'd prolly still take it a step farther and try to make a "strength of competition" grid or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't one have to lose a game to make this kind of tracking worthwhile? I can't remember that ever happening...

Or was that ever winning a game.....

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea... I don't know why or how it happened, but I started keeping track of my wins / losses (in December of last year as well) and I just could not stop.

Now... I have a google docs spreadsheet that has all of my wins/losses per game, win/losses with expansions, a pie chart that shows me what I'm playing most... I even have other spreadsheets for wargames showing how often each side wins per map etc...

What have I done... and why do I even do it?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I track my wife's and my games on a 3x5 index card. So far she has won 73% of the games we've played.

Maybe I should stop tracking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I only track wins

so far I am undefeated shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I track my wins and losses in some games. I track my overall record with each monster in Monsterpocalypse.

I also keep a tally of my record against each ancient one in Arkham Horror and I keep track of which God won each session of Chaos in the Old World that I play. I also record how they won (VP or dial) but strangely pay no mention to who was controlling them.

Don't know why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would like to see a feature in BGG where you could see charts about your performance, using the "record play" data. I log every single game I play, with names of the players and winners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
I would like to see a feature in BGG where you could see charts about your performance, using the "record play" data. I log every single game I play, with names of the players and winners.

Some posts need multiple thumbs
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:

Found this, from over a year ago...

Potential changes to play recording
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.