Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A brief update this time, but worth mentioning.

After much thought, Boudicca and I have decided to shell out the cash for the banner advertising here on BGG. We don't mind supporting BGG at all, but had been hesitant due cost, economy of living, etc.

At any rate, we think it's important to get the word out for the game. At the very best, it will mean we'll make funding, and get the game out sooner than later. At worst, even if we don't make funding, the banner ads will attract enough interest in Divided Republic to ensure that we are able to move on with other options.

I still need to make the banners and send the payment, but I expect these will be visible fairly soon. BGG tells us that it doesn't take long at all to plug them in.

Let me say this much to all of you who've been kind enough to lend support in any way, shape, or form: regardless of whether or not the game makes funding, this game -will- happen. I've spent too much of my time developing it and have come too far to watch it simply disappear. I have other designs in process, but if this particular game didn't see the light of day, I'd be heartbroken... What does that mean? Well, we'll be showing off the game in public at Neoncon in November, and we have a few possibilities to consider, but one way or another the game is going to get published.

Hope you all had a great weekend, and that you're keeping safe. I'll have more news for you just as soon as I can get it together

-Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sol Invictus wrote:
Let me say this much to all of you who've been kind enough to lend support in any way, shape, or form: regardless of whether or not the game makes funding, this game -will- happen. I've spent too much of my time developing it and have come too far to watch it simply disappear. I have other designs in process, but if this particular game didn't see the light of day, I'd be heartbroken... What does that mean? Well, we'll be showing off the game in public at Neoncon in November, and we have a few possibilities to consider, but one way or another the game is going to get published.

This is great to hear! I am super excited to play this game. Any chance of demoing it in the Chicago area? Are there any playtesters out this way or any plans to be at ChiTAG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sol Invictus wrote:
After much thought, Boudicca and I have decided to shell out the cash for the banner advertising here on BGG. We don't mind supporting BGG at all, but had been hesitant due cost, economy of living, etc.

Hi Alex,

Not too sure if this helps you afirm in your last month's decision but your add here on BGG got my attention. The game is now on my wishlist as a level 4 game. So the banner worked fine. Only comment I had was:" Why did they advertise for something that's not finished"? I'm a patient man though so no worries. Oh, and if you'd like to know: you are competing for my budget with Founding Fathers another Christian & Jason game.

Cheers and good luck,

Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Started seeing the ads like gangbusters. Hopefully they convert people in droves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seth_Logan wrote:
Only comment I had was:" Why did they advertise for something that's not finished"? I'm a patient man though so no worries.

Hey Seth,

Are you familiar with the Kickstarter model? He's advertising to try to raise the money to make the game and get it to people - Kickstarter helps people fundraise.

That's why he's advertising something that's not 'finished' - although the game is done and everything, just needs printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maudineormsby wrote:
Seth_Logan wrote:
Only comment I had was:" Why did they advertise for something that's not finished"? I'm a patient man though so no worries.

Hey Seth,

Are you familiar with the Kickstarter model? He's advertising to try to raise the money to make the game and get it to people - Kickstarter helps people fundraise.

That's why he's advertising something that's not 'finished' - although the game is done and everything, just needs printed.

I noticed the game reached it's goal on this kickstarter thing (didn't know it). Can I still join? I've created an account especially for this project but was unable to find a funding button or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're too late! The way kickstarter works is that you can fund a project before the funding date, but once that date comes the project is over.

I'm sure you can find someone who backed at a high enough level that would sell you an extra copy, but as of now, short of giving Alex money personally, there isn't a way to "back" this project any longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.