Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can enemy vehicles occupy the same hex? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Tiger
Australia
flag msg tools
Can enemy vehicles occupy the same hex?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head take a look at the stacking rules. It probably has stacking limits for vehicles per side. I don,t recall if you can just drive where another players vehichle is whenever you want.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehicle can always enter an enemy occupied location no problem (no matter if its infantry or enemy vehicle). Each side have their own stacking limits, so two opposing vehicles do not exceed the limit.

You can enter normally, or declare an Overrun, it's up to you. You can even Overrun the CE crew of the enemy vehicle.

BUT, to answer your question, a vehicle cannot stay in the same location with an enemy vehicle UNLESS it could theoretically cause a Shock/Elim on an original TK/IFT DR of 5. (D2.6)

Check the Overrun Flowchart and the box in lower right "Staying in the Location".

Don't you just love these unnecessary complications?

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here's my question to wiser people

D2.6 says "A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV's hex..." (unless it can cause that shock/elim on 5)

Can I use my last MPs to enter that hex and then "discover" that whoopsidaisies, I can't stay there, and dismiss it as involuntarily having to stay there (ESB is not allowed)?

Or am I prohibited to enter altogether?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hipsu wrote:
Or am I prohibited to enter altogether?


Good question. I would say that you would have to demonstrate the ability to exit in that same MPh prior to entering. If it happens by mistake, then that's life.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Fortenberry
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hipsu wrote:
Ok, here's my question to wiser people

D2.6 says "A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV's hex..." (unless it can cause that shock/elim on 5)

Can I use my last MPs to enter that hex and then "discover" that whoopsidaisies, I can't stay there, and dismiss it as involuntarily having to stay there (ESB is not allowed)?

Or am I prohibited to enter altogether?


Nope.

Yep.



2.6 ENEMY AFV: A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV’s hex (whether Known or not) unless it can do so out of that AFV’s LOS (i.e., while Bypassing a hexside opposite that of the DEFENDER’s Bypass AFV), or unless it can, at the moment and position of entry into that hex, attack that AFV (regardless of its To Hit possibility) and be capable of destroying or shocking it with an Original TK or IFT DR of 5 (using a non-Depleteable ammo type available to the vehicle). A vehicle thus barred from remaining in an AFV’s hex may not attempt ESB in that hex.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GFortnby wrote:
Hipsu wrote:
Ok, here's my question to wiser people

D2.6 says "A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV's hex..." (unless it can cause that shock/elim on 5)

Can I use my last MPs to enter that hex and then "discover" that whoopsidaisies, I can't stay there, and dismiss it as involuntarily having to stay there (ESB is not allowed)?

Or am I prohibited to enter altogether?


Nope.

Yep.



2.6 ENEMY AFV: A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV’s hex (whether Known or not) unless it can do so out of that AFV’s LOS (i.e., while Bypassing a hexside opposite that of the DEFENDER’s Bypass AFV), or unless it can, at the moment and position of entry into that hex, attack that AFV (regardless of its To Hit possibility) and be capable of destroying or shocking it with an Original TK or IFT DR of 5 (using a non-Depleteable ammo type available to the vehicle). A vehicle thus barred from remaining in an AFV’s hex may not attempt ESB in that hex.


Gary!

Thanks for your post and welcome to the 21st century.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Fortenberry
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
fubar awol wrote:


Gary!

Thanks for your post and welcome to the 21st century.



Pierce!

You're welcome and thanks for your thanks, however, I am not sure I understand your welcome?? lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GFortnby wrote:
fubar awol wrote:


Gary!

Thanks for your post and welcome to the 21st century.



Pierce!

You're welcome and thanks for your thanks, however, I am not sure I understand your welcome?? lol


BGG is more user friendly than GS. And than CSW, but that's obvious.

I guess this rule was meant to avoid the sleaze freeze of PzVI by a Jeep.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Fortenberry
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
marticabre wrote:
GFortnby wrote:
fubar awol wrote:


Gary!

Thanks for your post and welcome to the 21st century.



Pierce!

You're welcome and thanks for your thanks, however, I am not sure I understand your welcome?? lol


BGG is more user friendly than GS. And than CSW, but that's obvious.

I guess this rule was meant to avoid the sleaze freeze of PzVI by a Jeep.


Yep, that's the primary reason for the rule.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.