Subject: Funny moments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Saturday, we played a 5p game. I had the last two moves in the game, having been the only person with 5 family members at the start of round 14. For some reason, nobody needed clay as I nabbed the pottery and had the Clay Hut builder played and by round 14, no less than 15, that's right, fifteen clay was sitting in the 3 clay space. I was upset as my wife took the veg from right under my nose (I had no veg, but she did) and was about to concede the last two turns for some food gain, when I noticed that I had the Clay Seller occupation. So that would be 15 clay, added to my surplus of one to result in the acquisition of two boar (3 at game end), three reed (5 at game end for basketmaker) and two sheep (6 at game end) resulting in six points gained in two turns. The funny thing was, that had I been able to take the vegetable with my second last move, I would have been unable to make such a huge gain with my last move.
Any funny incidents in your games worth sharing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregski wrote:

Yes - my games tend to end always one round before I can perform such a VP-storm like you meeple
I think I have to work on my planning ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregski wrote:
On Saturday, we played a 5p game. I had the last two moves in the game, having been the only person with 5 family members at the start of round 14. For some reason, nobody needed clay as I nabbed the pottery and had the Clay Hut builder played and by round 14, no less than 15, that's right, fifteen clay was sitting in the 3 clay space. I was upset as my wife took the veg from right under my nose (I had no veg, but she did) and was about to concede the last two turns for some food gain, when I noticed that I had the Clay Seller occupation. So that would be 15 clay, added to my surplus of one to result in the acquisition of two boar (3 at game end), three reed (5 at game end for basketmaker) and two sheep (6 at game end) resulting in six points gained in two turns. The funny thing was, that had I been able to take the vegetable with my second last move, I would have been unable to make such a huge gain with my last move.

Amanda uses her 'Animal Farm' minor improvement in an epic 4-player game, in order to pay 1 animal for temporary use of the guest token. She then uses the guest token to take the "family growth even without room" action space. End of round, guest-token discarded.

Up next on "Montel"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.