Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Schmidt

Ashburn
Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any experience dealing with BigBox games? I am considering placing an order and wanted to ask around before doing so.

http://www.bigboxgames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick price check between BigBox Games and Boards & Bits for Agricola and Cosmic Encounter shows you would save about $20 at B&B.

Not scientific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmidt

Ashburn
Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct in general, BigBox seems to have ~20% discount whereas Boards&Bits, Cool Stuff, & Mini Market are usually in the 30% to 40% range.

However, I am looking to buy some old Magic Theme Decks which seem to be sold out or at a premium price everywhere else ($8 at BigBox vs $24 on Amazon). So I just wanted to make sure that they were a reliable operation.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shevek_Anarres wrote:
I believe you are correct in general, BigBox seems to have ~20% discount whereas Boards&Bits, Cool Stuff, & Mini Market are usually in the 30% to 40% range.

However, I am looking to buy some old Magic Theme Decks which seem to be sold out or at a premium price everywhere else ($8 at BigBox vs $24 on Amazon). So I just wanted to make sure that they were a reliable operation.

Thanks.

OK. I have never dealt with them. Sorry I can't help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put my first order in with them on Monday of this week.

No update/status on the order, so I emailed them this morning just to see what's what (no reply yet).

Hopefully they'll reply - I can tell you the 800 number shown for them on PayPal does not work. That doesn't bode well.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Package arrived as expected. All is well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.