Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can you re-use cauldrons or once you have built all three of each type are they no longer available?

2. Can you re-use rituals multiple times?

In both cases you can only build one at a time yet there are multiple counters. At the beginning of the rules it says that you are limited to the counter mix but it never says what you do wth the cauldrons and rituals once they have been used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that Cauldrons are permanent placements on the wall section you add them too. They will kill 1 unit of the matching type during each turns Assault.

The rituals on the other hand are a one-shot deal. After going through the Assault for a turn, all of the ritual tokens are replaced on the card to be available for purchase the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...So I can use spectres one turn and again the following turn? Or are they discarded for good once all the tokens have been used?

Cauldrons make sense as permanent fixtures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Maltsev
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturmkraehe wrote:
...So I can use spectres one turn and again the following turn? Or are they discarded for good once all the tokens have been used?

No. You can always use Rituals. Rituals have several counters for more then 2 players variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Semantic Void
msg tools
Wow, cauldrons are permanent. I totally assumed that was not the case. But going back and carefully reading the rules I notice you do not discard the cauldron.

So, can you move them after you have built them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot move caldrons. Also you cannot destroy it voluntary to rebuilt it on another wall....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.