Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While working on the specific rules for the expansion I learned that I have enough space in the rules to make a complete, if condensed version of the entire rules set. So with the 8 land tiles, four armies and dice; Distant Lands can stand alone as a playable game. This is very exciting for me since at the pre-order price point I feel that it is an excellent value as an introduction to Manoeuvre and light war games in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I have the original game that certainly is great news! I think that will certainly add quite a bit of purchases to the p500!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike smith
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Will this expansion come with Redoubt markers? Reason I ask is I am very interested in just this expansion (Asian history, love it). But doing a quick count of the photos of the base game 35 counters on a side. 32 for the troops and 3 for "advance to combat". Doesn't leave any for the redoubts (I've read the rules for the base game, I'm assumming they are in this too). If not am I able to get just redoubt markers somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The news is doubly good for those of us who have first edition, and would like a copy of the updated rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msmithscotland wrote:
Will this expansion come with Redoubt markers? Reason I ask is I am very interested in just this expansion (Asian history, love it). But doing a quick count of the photos of the base game 35 counters on a side. 32 for the troops and 3 for "advance to combat". Doesn't leave any for the redoubts (I've read the rules for the base game, I'm assumming they are in this too). If not am I able to get just redoubt markers somewhere?

We have not even started the final counter sheet layout. I intend to have everything necessary to play the game out of the box but when making the play test counter sheet I didn't need redoubts since i have them already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.