Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Playing this weekend, a couple of times we saw this scenario: Someone chose to keep more than one die, revealing them with everyone else, and then said, "Oops, I don't have the money to keep those dice." These were genuine mistakes on their part, not attempts to cheat, and we simply let them remove the extra dice. But is there some official way to deal with these situations? Or, is there a better way than how we handled it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
falluper wrote:
Playing this weekend, a couple of times we saw this scenario: Someone chose to keep more than one die, revealing them with everyone else, and then said, "Oops, I don't have the money to keep those dice." These were genuine mistakes on their part, not attempts to cheat, and we simply let them remove the extra dice. But is there some official way to deal with these situations? Or, is there a better way than how we handled it?

Pay attention. Seriously. Not much else you can do.

We sometimes put the dollars we are going to spend on top of the dice cup before we reveal so it is in your face. But I think this gives away too much info since you haven't revealed your dice already.

Or just be very regimented in how you reveal your dice and announce payment before moving on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
OOhhhhh.. Da Red Snappa! Veeerrry tasty!
badge
You sooo stupid!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could give the rest of the players a chance to keep X dice as well for free so it would be fair to all but otherwise there isn't much you can do. Just have them pay attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could just have them take all the dice back in their hand, and just roll one. The would be forced to keep whatever face the die lands on.

Harsh, but very preventable by players paying attention!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I never see it happen, but a good way to avoid this situation is to not take the money but the player pass his entire turn. They will never forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.