Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Confusion Fans!

As you may know from our newsletter, Confusion is slated to head to retail on September 13th.

We have received word today that for some locations, Confusion may not be available until as late as September 20th due to the distribution process.

In any case, we're excited for the retail release and hope you are too. You can now contact your favourite retailer and ask them to reserve a copy just for you!

EDIT: Please see below for an important update. Or I'll save you the trouble and say that you should look for Confusion on store shelves starting around October 3rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when does this thing hit retail again? Was there another delay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be on shelves no later than today. Online-only retailers might take a bit longer getting their stock as its my understanding that the distribution route isn't as direct for them. However, I would still expect to see it in all retailers by the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip DeCarbo
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mean to pick on you, Kevin, but as of today the two big game distributors (ACD and Alliance) still don't have Confusion and don't know when they will receive it.

It's hard for a B&M game store to have the customers see statements on here saying that the game should already be on shelves and I have to tell them I can't get it yet.

Again, I'm not trying to pick on you, but I would like to clear up some of the Confusion about Confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this comes out soon. It's been holding up my rather large order for a couple of months now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying not to be too confused about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the Canadian post office doing?
Are the workers still on strike? They only do a percentage of the mail?
I tried to read about it but it was all news stories from a couple of months ago.

I hope the games are sitting in some hot warehouse.
:typo:

otrex wrote:
Online-only retailers [..] distribution route isn't as direct for them.

Is this easily explained?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
bdean152 wrote:

Why in the world would you want that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will get to the bottom of this right away and report back. As some of you can imagine, given that we use a fulfillment service we're somewhat at their mercy if their shipping schedule somehow deviates.

If there has been a deviation here it happened without mention or warning to us, that would give us cause for concern.

I'll report back shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilPie wrote:
I don't mean to pick on you, Kevin, but as of today the two big game distributors (ACD and Alliance) still don't have Confusion and don't know when they will receive it.

It's hard for a B&M game store to have the customers see statements on here saying that the game should already be on shelves and I have to tell them I can't get it yet.

Again, I'm not trying to pick on you, but I would like to clear up some of the Confusion about Confusion.

No problem regarding asking the question. We're not sure why they don't report stock available. I was at the ACD warehouse just a few days ago and they reported that stock was present and available for sale on the 19th.

Very strange, and I do apologize for this issue. I'll get to the bottom of this right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bdean152 wrote:
What is the Canadian post office doing?
Are the workers still on strike? They only do a percentage of the mail?
I tried to read about it but it was all news stories from a couple of months ago.

Oh that strike has been resolved a long time ago. They went into a lock-out then the government said get back to work or we will issue a special law forcing you to do so. I don't remember if they went to the law.

otrex wrote:
Online-only retailers [..] distribution route isn't as direct for them.

I was told today that the distributor didn't receive it so I won't get it for the weekend, again. Humm, there is something about this game...very confusing...must be the double agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks!

Here is the OFFICIAL WORD (bolded so people scanning this thread can find it):

This has been a communication error between us and our fulfillment center that has caused this delay.

We had instructed a shipment to distributors to begin on the 12th. Without our knowledge this was delayed until the 19th. In addition, and without our understanding, it was determined that the shipment would be staggered, meaning it takes up to two weeks for all shipments to go out.

That being said, here is the net result for our retailers and customers:

RETAILERS: You should see this in stock at distributors (Alliance, ACD etc.) starting as early as the 28th.

CUSTOMERS: You should see Confusion on shelves starting on approximately the 3rd of October.

These are our best estimates at this time, and the game may arrive a day or two earlier or later than our estimate.

We certainly do apologize to both retailers and customers for this artificial delay. We try to be as accurate as we can, and we will certainly improve because of this experience. Just today we had a meeting with our fulfillment warehouse to ensure that this matter does not occur again.

I'll be happy to answer any questions that folks may have about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Urgh... that sucks big time. I was very much looking forward to having this sooner.

oh well. End of the month will be a big box of games for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant to say I hope they aren't sitting in some hot warehouse!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally in my hands!
Toronto, Ontario

So excited! The components here are excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ececec wrote:
Finally in my hands!
Toronto, Ontario

So excited! The components here are excellent.

Still not in mine in America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:

Its on the shelf right now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
SybotCB wrote:

Its on the shelf right now!

Only some places. F*** this "staggered" shipping bs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in all fairness, staggered shipping's goal is to help ensure that all retailers in North America get their product at roughly the same time. If another retailer has it somewhere else, chances are your own local retailer should also have it in shortly.

We do appreciate that people are excited for this game, of course. We definitely share your enthusiasm to see it on store shelves, both as business owners but also as fans of unique games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
Well, in all fairness, staggered shipping's goal is to help ensure that all retailers in North America get their product at roughly the same time. If another retailer has it somewhere else, chances are your own local retailer should also have it in shortly.

We do appreciate that people are excited for this game, of course. We definitely share your enthusiasm to see it on store shelves, both as business owners but also as fans of unique games.

If its goal is to ensure simultaneous delivery it has failed. So either they need to learn shipping times better or you were, yet again, misinformed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
otrex wrote:

If its goal is to ensure simultaneous delivery it has failed. So either they need to learn shipping times better or you were, yet again, misinformed.

It also depends on the diligence of the retailer to bring in copies of the game too, of course. If they don't know about the game, don't know its available, or only order at certain times each month, that may also cause a delay in seeing it on their shelves.

All these items would be outside the control of a wholesale or distribution company, as they do not force retailers to stock a certain product or control their timing of it.

If you'd like me to help get the game to your retailer of choice please feel free to message me here with your store's information and I'll do my best to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:

If you'd like me to help get the game to your retailer of choice please feel free to message me here with your store's information and I'll do my best to help.

That would require getting it to the distributor quicker. No offense but my store does know about it and has been waiting for the distributor to get it in. He is probably sick of me asking by now.

Totally unrelated... but while i have you here.... any more news on a survive reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
otrex wrote:

That would require getting it to the distributor quicker. No offense but my store does know about it and has been waiting for the distributor to get it in. He is probably sick of me asking by now.

Totally unrelated... but while i have you here.... any more news on a survive reprint?

Patrick, I see Confusion has popped up in a few more stores today, so hopefully your store will have it soon. Thank you for your diligence in asking your retailer to stock it. It's that kind of customer excitement that helps spread the word about our products.

No new updates to share on the Survive front. Unfortunately, if I had to guess I think it will go out of stock at most retailers during the start of the Christmas rush, or possibly sooner. It's just unlucky timing. I know that Barnes & Noble continues to have stock, but of course, your favourite local retailer just might as well.

We'll definitely let everyone know when/if there is news, but I can guarantee no restock before 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Muscat
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
I like geese
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine at my local game store in San Francisco today... yay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little surprised it hasn't come in to
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

yet.

Being that the above posters got it in Atlanta and Cali a handful of days ago....while the B&B warehouse is in Ohio. (closer to Canada)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.