Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I purchased a tin from Target that said it contained a booster pack and over 50 other cards. When I opened it I found the booster, and two shrink wrapped stacks of cards. The first appears to be part of the Black Temple raid deck. The other was a bunch of cards from Magic The Gathering. Weird, right? I'm guessing this was a mistake? Any ideas on what I should do? Anyone know what usually comes in these tins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc von Canal
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a disgraceful ripoff. My wife bought one of these for my daughter, hoping to get her some nice booster cards (we didn't expect anything more then a random mix of commons) in addition to the tin. When we looked through the cards, I immediately recognized that the 50 additional cards advertised on the box were nothing more than useless cards from one of the Raid decks. The problem is, they are completely unplayable and worthless.

If you have the raid box (I do), you already have all the cards you need to run the dungeon. If you don't have the raid box, there is nothing you can do with this worthless set of cards. It is a blatant case of false advertising, and you should get your money back. These should be pulled off the shelf and the company should be fined or sued for false advertising. Anyone reading the box description would reasonably assume that the 50 additional cards in the WOW TCG tin would be cards that can be used in the game. This kind of stuff disgusts me. I wonder how many thousands of $$$ the company has stolen from consumers selling useless cards that they probably had sitting in a warehouse and devised a way to trick people into buying them.

yukdevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Like when you buy a booster pack and it usually contains 15 useless, unusable cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc von Canal
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No not like that at all!

When I mean useless, I mean they are not even common game playing cards, they are special cards that are ONLY usable with the Raid box.

You can always use common booster cards to make more alternate decks. These are not common booster cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.