Popular Tags: [View All]
Mosse Stenström
Finland
Porvoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently (well, a year ago, but time runs fast when you're having fun...) met the woman of my life and moved away from my regular gaming friends. I have since then slowly started to get my new family involved in gaming but we're still on the nice and easy eurogames. I don't get to play all the wargames I now have gathering dust under the staircase. Time to bring out Vassal again, perhaps?

It's been a few years since I toyed around with Vasssal last, but I think I can shake off the rust quite quickly. Anyone up for a game?

These are the games I can play (after a quick digging up of the box from under said staircase and a fast browse through the rules)

Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan (Vassal module)
I just got this in the mail having pre-ordered it and waited for it for years.

Clash of Giants II (Vassal module)
This is a very good game that I haven't played nearly as many times as I wanted...

A Victory Lost (Vassal module)
Sadly this one never made it to the table. I once started a Vassal match but my opponent disappeared mid-game.

I've also pre-ordered the Napoleonic 20 pack from GMT Games, so if you give me a day or two to read the basic rules (and forgive a few blunders) I'll give that a go as well...

I can use e-mail or Dropbox to play, and I'm online every day. PM me, or reply in the thread...

(I have quite a few other wargames as well, but these are the ones with simple enough rules that I can re-educate myself with the rules within a reasonable amount of time...)

KTHXBYE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Clash of Giants once, would love to give it another go.

Or we can do ASL again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mosse Stenström
Finland
Porvoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition:
I'd love to play live (over Vassal) someday, and I do have Skype etc., but take into concideration the time-difference to most of you, and the fact that I have to small children and I realize that's probably never going to happen. Never say never, though...

Imago wrote:
I've only played Clash of Giants once
I don't know what differences are between CoG and CoG2, which one have you played?

Imago wrote:
Or we can do ASL again!
Oh, I haven't played ASL(SK) in years, that would take me a few more days to get back into! blush

BTW, what happened to VASL? The vasl.org-site seems to be down??? (at least the domain...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both CoG1 (Tannenberg) and 2 (Galicia), only little differences in supply rules IIRC. I've played AVL a long time ago too (ftf and PBEM), we can do that one if you like.

I haven't played ASL in a long time either, ftf or VASL, didn't know the website is down...
You can still get the module and maps here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosse wrote:
BTW, what happened to VASL? The vasl.org-site seems to be down??? (at least the domain...)

Try this url:
www.vassalengine.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to try Sekigahara, via vassal, at a slow pace. I just got it and don't know much about it. Not too impressed with the packaging, I'll say that much.

Walt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mosse Stenström
Finland
Porvoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hotspur wrote:
Not too impressed with the packaging, I'll say that much.

What didn't you like? I thought it was beautiful, the only problem was that the box was a tad too small - a rare problem with GMT...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you hit it on the head there. I guess I hold GMT up to a higher standard than most publishers. it's obvious that the component design wasn't proofed against the box in advance. you either store all the blocks laid out perfectly flat (and thus can't use the spiffo cloth bag for storage) or you can't close the box at all. The box should have been about an inch deeper, really. Other than that, no kvetches.. it's just a tad annoying since I also have been waiting on this one.

Walt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mosse Stenström
Finland
Porvoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hotspur wrote:
you either store all the blocks laid out perfectly flat

I know what you mean. This is how I store mine;

...although I hate mixing wargames with puzzles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.