Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sheerin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're making an iOS version of War on Terror and despite having been deemed "impossible" by several game developers who I very much respect, it's very almost ready.

Anyway, we wanted to licence a particular piece of music for our game - "Running the World" by the one-and-only Jarvis Cocker. If you know the song, you'll know why it's perfect to play out the game.

Our only problem is that it costs £1200 more than we have. We were going to give up there and then, but were convinced by a friend to try the crowd-sourcing route, so we made an indiegogo pitch. So far we have about 15% of our target and only 18 days to go. If we miss our target, we get nothing - so it's looking a bit iffy right now, which is why I'm posting here.

I'd really appreciate it if you could spare 4 minutes to view our video pitch (filmed in a caravan over TWO DAYS!) and if you like what we're doing, please consider chucking us a dollar or two or forwarding the link on:

http://www.indiegogo.com/cash-for-cunts

(language is NSFW in case the link doesn't make that clear)

Many, many, sloppy, sincere thank yous,
Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McPhee
Scotland
Glasgow/ Elgin/ Ullapool (Garve)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of coming over all 'dragon's den'ish- how many shares in your company would £1,200 buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a link like that, begging for money for a song with a title like that, you should probably find a way to emphasize that you are a SATIRICAL games publishing company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stone
United States
Sacramento
Ca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice...
But you didn't want to go with "Fat Children" eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah. I'll just do a cover for you and charge let's say 100 pounds. I don't know what the conversion rate from pounds to dollars is but I assume that will be enough for me to retire five minutes earlier than I was expecting to retire.

My singing experience is limited to Rock Band. People that have played Rock Band with me know I can get a 100% on expert from time to time, strangely they still insist I turn the vocal output down to 0%. Wieners. I can accompany myself by hitting one of those pre-programmed buttons on the keyboard or I can hire another musician for 100 pounds. I will of course have to bill you for the keyboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sheerin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good point!

Everyone, please don't panic, we are a satirical games company and this gives us both licence and probability to offend someone somewhere. Thank you for your time.

Better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sheerin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFlatline wrote:
Considering that the first thing I do is turn off music in games, I'll pass. Good luck though.

Another excellent point. I do the same, to be honest. I am aware that most people won't ever hear it, but it's a symbolic union. And for that small percent who do play with the sound/music up, what a lovely reward. On a personal level too, I have been a massive Pulp fan for the past 20 years. Achieving something like this would be immensely rewarding.

And finally, I'll be straight up with you and acknowledge that there will be some PR mileage to be got out of using Jarvis's song - and this song in particular. So for all those reasons, we're dead serious when we say we desperately want this to happen.

But thanks for checking it out and for your constructive comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to War on Terror forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.