Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to think that hexhex5 was ideal, even for experienced players, but now I think maybe a little bigger is better for experienced players (beginners should always start with hexhex5, that much is certain). Maybe hexhex6? I haven't actually tested it much on larger boards because my design goal all along was to design a game which was short yet balanced.

In face to face play, you'll definitely need a scoring track and the larger the board gets, the more bothersome counting becomes. But hexhex6 probably isn't bad.

As for the opening, under the old rules the opening was definitely too long on larger boards, but under the new rules I'm not sure. It's much harder to know when to "break" in this version. If you have any insight while playing, please post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The opening didn't seem too long on hexhex7?

If so it will please me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went over to igGameCenter to check out the games that you've played. Oh my you've absolutely abused all your opponents. I hope they weren't all turned off by the shellackings.

I've put in a request about the color thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.