Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use the lancer's special ability (roll 4 black dice against a Locust in your area; ignore wounds but kill the Locust with any Omen result) if you do not have any ammo tokens? I assume yes (seeing as it's a chainsaw), but this didn't seem to be explicitly answered in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin dean
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
yes you can. The chainsaw does not need 1 ammotoken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
smokin gunz wrote:
yes you can. The chainsaw does not need 1 ammotoken

Neither does firing it in NON-overkill mode but you aren't allowed to do that without ammo tokens.

Even so, I don't think that ammo is necessary for chainsaw mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought so. That's the way I'd play it as it makes sense thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need ammo to use the lancer's special ability because it says "instead of attacking...", and running out of ammo means you cannot do any attacks, normal or overkill.

Note that cards that add attack dice do not add dice to the chainsaw dice roll.

Makes sense thematically, and I also just say the pistol and lancer are staple weapons that can be used in some way even if they're out of ammo when I explain to new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek N
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Does it mean that when you "attack" with a chainsaw, the Berserker doesn't move? You said that is not an attack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Berserker does move.

I think of it as:

1. If you have no ammo, you're not allowed to attack at all with that weapon.

2. The lancer overrides this, allowing you to perform a "special attack"(wording from the rulebook). It is so "special" that you don't even get +1 attack die if you played a Charge.

3. The chainsaw attack is now retroactively considered an attack.

Very confusing and seemingly inconsistent, but that's the rulebook for you. I prefer to think of it as "chainsaws make noise and lure the Berserker".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vira Our
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can I use the lancer ability in a guard action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but remember (if more than one Locust activates), Lancer takes out out of cover, which doesn't matter against the one you're guarding (cover doesn't help against attacks from the same area), but especially in case of Drones, you could have one in your area and another nearby ready to shoot. So order in which you resolve the Locust activation matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.