Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Looking at CouncilRoom.com's Popular Buys page, I came across something very interesting.

http://councilroom.com/popular_buys

There is a mysterious card listed - "Governor". It has been available 6 times - i.e. to 6 different decks in some combination (a 6-player match; a 4 and a 2-player match; three 2-player matches; two 3-player matches). It appeared in each one of those decks at least once, was bought 6 times and gained twice. It was also trashed twice and returned to the supply twice (via Ambassador?). However, there is no information on the average lengths of matches with that card available. The only other cards with no info on the lengths of matches are the Prizes from Cornucopia, bought those cannot be bought from the supply while Governor can.

Does anyone have any more info about this card? I know CouncilRoom uses data from Isotropic, and a version of Isotropic is used to playtest future cards. When you request that card in an Isotropic match, it is not recognized.

If nobody knows (or is able to say) anything about this card, let the rumors/speculation fly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To the best of everyone (who will say anything publically about it)'s knowledge, it was an errant leaked card that Doug quickly made non-public.

It was crashing councilroom's log parsing before I added a dummy do nothing entry in the card data file.

The availability numbers have some small fake counts added to them to avoid the problem where something that happened 1 out of 1 times looks more likely than something that happened 9 out of 10 times, not because there is actual data there.

1/1 > 9/10, but (1 + 1) / (1 + 2) = 2/3 < (9 + 1) / (10 + 2) = 5/6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rrenaud wrote:

To the best of everyone (who will say anything publically about it)'s knowledge, it was an errant leaked card that Doug quickly made non-public.

It was crashing councilroom's log parsing before I added a dummy do nothing entry in the card data file.

The availability numbers have some small fake counts added to them to avoid the problem where something that happened 1 out of 1 times looks more likely than something that happened 9 out of 10 times, not because there is actual data there.

1/1 > 9/10, but (1 + 1) / (1 + 2) = 2/3 < (9 + 1) / (10 + 2) = 5/6.

Looks like I'm about 4 weeks behind! blush

I guess I'm going to have to add your site to the list of forums I need to frequent during my time waisting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Inkiläinen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Governor is real: http://opinionatedgamers.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/p101049...

Governor
$5 Action
+1 Action
Choose one; you get the version in parentheses:
Each player gets +1 (+3) Cards;
or each player gains a Siver (Gold);
or each player may trash a card from his hand and gain a card costing exactly $1 ($2) more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakley
United Kingdom
Selby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
visard wrote:
Governor is real: http://opinionatedgamers.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/p101049...

Governor
$5 Action
+1 Action
Choose one; you get the version in parentheses:
Each player gets +1 (+3) Cards;
or each player gains a Siver (Gold);
or each player may trash a card from his hand and gain a card costing exactly $1 ($2) more.

Wow. Where has this come from? Do you know which expansion it's from or is this the next promo?

Nevermind, saw the thread about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.