Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
So I am attacking and I have a level 2 creature with an attack of 4 and a level 3 creature with an attack 4. And my opponent has a Quake dragon (that cannot be attacked by creatures level 2 or below), as well as another creature in his ready area. I attack, and he (for some reason) chooses to defend with his other creature, (which has a defense of 4), so I kill it and have four attack left. Then he defends with his Quake Dragon. Since QD's don't get attacked by levels 2-, would I get to decide whose four attack I spent to kill the first creature, and attack the dragon with the four remaining attack (from my level 3 creature)?
I know this question is long and I have never played the game before, (and the situation may not even be possible) but I'm curious is you get to pick the order of whose attack you spend first.
Thanks to all who spend the time to read all of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, it wouldn't even matter unless you had two level 3 creatures and a level 2. The 4 attack left over from the attack isn't enough to touch the dragon anyway.

But trying to answer your question, I believe since they both had an attack value of 4, you could still apply the level 3's full attack to the dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, as I say, the situation wasn't accurate because I haven't played the game to know what all the stats are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, as far as I can see it, the Strong Quake Dragon prevents all Level 2 and below creatures from attacking you. So Level 2 creatures can't even strike out at any other creatures you have supporting the dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
Um, as far as I can see it, the Strong Quake Dragon prevents all Level 2 and below creatures from attacking you. So Level 2 creatures can't even strike out at any other creatures you have supporting the dragon.

That is how I read the rule as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But they attack if the second player Chooses (for some reason) to defend with something other than the dragon, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. That's why I dislike this particular dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, I thought it was you cannot attack the quake dragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the case, then the level 3 would still kill the defender he chose. You would just not have anything to attack further with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
If that's the case, then the level 3 would still kill the defender he chose. You would just not have anything to attack further with.

Presumably the level 3 would have his attack soaked up by the defence of the dragon and kill nobody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, under any normal play circumstances. But not in the example he was originally proposing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, as others have said that version of the Quake Dragons ability is a blanket "creatures lv2 or less can't attack you". In your example you'd only have to counter the lv3 creatures attack 4, not both... regardless of who he assigns to soak up the hit. Although he'd be silly not to have his dragon take the hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.