Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wanting to fill out my collection and was wondering what you thought was the best game out of these four, and why. Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Incan Gold and Diamant are essentially the same game. I prefer one of them to Cartagena, I've not played Atlantis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jensen
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can try Atlantis at bretspielwelt.de for free. It is easy to learn and plays quick (much quicker then IRL I would presume, but I have onley played online).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incan Gold is fun for 4-8 light gamers, where everyone gets to play every turn. Atlantis is fun with both 2-3 (haven't tried it with more), though it has a bit more setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brain
United Kingdom
London, UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many would you regularly expect play with?
5 or fewer, I'd go with Cartegena.
5 or more, I'd go with Inca Gold/Diamant.
Of course if you usually have exactly 5 then this isn't much help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant and Incan Gold are the same game. Incan Gold adds an extra mechanic to it, which I'm personally not a fan of, but you can play without it. Diamant has nicer bits. Go for whichever is cheapest/easiest to acquire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Owned Incan Gold but traded it away because it wasn't that good a game in my opinion. Might be ok with the right group of avid gamers. Diamant has no relic card... these were added to the updated game (Incan Gold). Haven't played the other two. I think you could do better ... take a look at Dice Town and it's very good expansion if you want a fun game for 3-6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Atlantis very similar to Cartagena, but is ultimately inferior. So the real choice is Incan gold or Cartagena.

I owned both for a time. Incan gold is great from 4-8 players, and is a good game for what it is. It's not very strategic but it it's a good thoughtless filler and there's very little down time. Cartagena is strategic, but quick to explain. It's a dry strategic game and it has surprising depth for such a short game. It's less approachable though.

In the end if you think you're going to be playing with family and non-gamers, go for Incan Gold. If you need a short game for your strategic friends, go for Cartagena.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, there's a copy of of Diamant in my current auction at a reasonable price.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/69010/item/1740424#ite...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.