Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok ... I just have one last question about whats going on thematically with scene one objective 1B.

I plan on adding a little background story to the opening narrative mentioning to the players that it was rumored that good old MR Lynch was doing some experiments on corpeses ... that will explain why Zombies are wondering the halls ... But two things I cant seem to come up with ...

1) as the clock strikes 2 (second card) the lights go out and an explosion of gunfire echoes down the hall ... and then everyone in the bedrooms takes two damage ... WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT ?? didnt come from the lab or the ritual room so what am i missing.

2) How do I explain the Maniacs running around the mansion ... considering that is the only type of creature I can conjure up the investigators are going to be seeing a few of them ... so how do i explain that and better yet ... how do they really fit in the story??
again what am i missing.

I know that I might be a little anal with this whole story thing but considering that MOM is not a fighting or tactical game, but a thematic "who done it" ... kind of like the "How To Host A Murder Mystery" games of my youth, I want the theme to make sense!!

anyone have any answeres It would be appreciated!!
thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm at work so I don't have the book in front of me, so I'm going from memory...

barbarianprince wrote:
1) as the clock strikes 2 (second card) the lights go out and an explosion of gunfire echoes down the hall ... and then everyone in the bedrooms takes two damage ... WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT ?? didnt come from the lab or the ritual room so what am i missing.

The gunfire was in the bedroom, that's why people in the bedroom takes two damage.

Quote:
2) How do I explain the Maniacs running around the mansion ... considering that is the only type of creature I can conjure up the investigators are going to be seeing a few of them ... so how do i explain that and better yet ... how do they really fit in the story??
again what am i missing.

There is only 1 maniac, and it's Walter.
The maniac card only lets you spawn a maniac if there isn't one already of the board, so you should only have 1 at a time. He just keeps getting up after he gets killed because he is your classic slasher horror villan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
I'm at work so I don't have the book in front of me, so I'm going from memory...

barbarianprince wrote:

The gunfire was in the bedroom, that's why people in the bedroom takes two damage.

Quote:
again what am i missing.

There is only 1 maniac, and it's Walter.
The maniac card only lets you spawn a maniac if there isn't one already of the board, so you should only have 1 at a time. He just keeps getting up after he gets killed because he is your classic slasher horror villan.

I like ... thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

barbarianprince wrote:

I really like scenario 1, and think it tells one of the better stories, but this is one part I never really understood. How does this gunfire fit into the story in any way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

barbarianprince wrote:

I really like scenario 1, and think it tells one of the better stories, but this is one part I never really understood. How does this gunfire fit into the story in any way?

Im with you on that one ... and better yet whos on the other end of the gun ?? What did the gunshots just appear out of no where??
At the very least the keeper should drop a gun toting madman into the room or something like that!! It just makes now sense ...
At least I know im not the only one who cant figure that one out!!yuk

I would rather the house rumbles again and a beam falls on anyone in the bedroom and does two damage ... WTF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I interpreted it as the replayed "haunting" of walter shooting his wife with the shotgun before he dragged her limp body out into the garden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
I interpreted it as the replayed "haunting" of walter shooting his wife with the shotgun before he dragged her limp body out into the garden.

OHHHh ... ok well that makes sense to me. I wasnt thinking about him shooting his wife. when you reveal (i believe the second clue token) it say you have a vision of a man draging a body and just before you wake up a shovel comes down on her head ... or something like that ... I assumed he killed her that way ...

But your way makes a lot more sense!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
The shovel must have been to finish her off.
It would have made more sense with the other clue I guess (where he talks about his wifes days being numbered - thus ha may have chose to euthanise her?), maybe they got them mixed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.