Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Meichtry
United States
Lake Isabella
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an old version of the game (the one pictured here) that I found at a thrift store, complete and super cheap. Anyway, perhaps this has been covered in a later edition, but it wasn't specified in the rulebook I have. I understand that a mob war starts when there are six or fewer mobsters left in the game, but does that mean that the mob war continues until the end of the game even when the Hit List is empty? In other words: if I place my opponent's mobster on the empty Hit List, is he then killed immediately at the beginning of the next turn? This seems to be the case, but my wife and I were unsure when playing for the first time last night because the rules state that a war ends when nobody is on the Hit List.

I know this is a stupid question to which I most likely already know the answer, but I just wanted to ask for some clarification to make sure we're playing the game properly. I'm particular like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Once there are six or fewer mobsters in the game, Mob War is continuous until the end of the game. Note that you only kill mobsters at the beginning of a player's turn, though, so if a mobster is added to an empty Hit List, it will remain there until the beginning of the next player's turn!

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meichtry
United States
Lake Isabella
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for clarifying! That's what makes the most sense, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, according to the rulebook in my version (Should be a new version, I have bought it on 2012), the mob war will end after there is no mobster on the Hit list (either the last mobster on the Hit list has been killed or has been saved) So when putting a mobster to an empty Hit list, that means the mob war should have been ended, he will not be killed on the next turn of a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
power_wong wrote:
No, according to the rulebook in my version (Should be a new version, I have bought it on 2012), the mob war will end after there is no mobster on the Hit list (either the last mobster on the Hit list has been killed or has been saved) So when putting a mobster to an empty Hit list, that means the mob war should have been ended, he will not be killed on the next turn of a player.

No, the rule about having 6 mobsters or less left in the game effectively supersedes this.

At every players start of turn you first check if there is an ongoing mob war (either normal or double rate).
If not you check if there are 6 mobsters or more on the hit list - or if there are 6 or fewer mobsters left in the game. If one or both are true a mob war starts.
If the last mobster on the hit list dies war is over. But at the start of the next players turn you check all this again, so war will just start again if there are 6 or fewer mobsters left in the game (so effectively you have a permanent mob war).

Though a double rate mob war would revert back to a mob war at single rate (relevant for "double contract").

I have the 2005 edition, but I find it very hard to believe, they changed this rule, as it is there so the game doesn't drag out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.