Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Friday night was our first foray into six player and using any part of Exodus. It was a six player, sympathetic cylon journey with the Pegasus to the Ionian Nebula.

Things were going pretty well. No one being cylony at all. We got two pretty quick jumps (especially compared to some of our other games) and hit sleeper. Kat turns sympathetic cylon, and I am now President Cylon Tory.

It doesn't take long before my boyfriend thinks he's onto me, even though I hadn't done anything. So we get a lovely President chooses card, bad things or someone goes to the Brig. So off to the Brig his Cally character went. So then it's my turn and I decide, aww screw it, let's have some fun and I pull out my "Execute Prisoner" quorum card. Kinda cool that Tory kills Cally. So then mistake #1 becomes apparent, as we are wondering about loyalty cards for his new character and I realized I did Base game loyalty instead of Exodus. Also became a problem when shortly thereafter morale tanked and Dee dies. So the humans have 2 verified, certified humans without loyalty cards, and two more that are working very hard to protect humanity. That's when I remember my symp and figured out he had the other cylon card, and mistake #2, the non-passing of the hidden loyalty card. So there I was a lone cylon trying to fight those damn humans off. They threw me in the Brig and I revealed from there.

So not long thereafter we hit crossroads and try to deal with that, with Mistake #3 being we didn't set up the battle first, so all of the crossroads choices with ship activations we're thinking "but we don't have any ships to activate". And then I got boxed.

And at that point we pretty much called the game and considered it a human win because one of our players was asleep at the end of the table.

Not the best game night ever, but I definitely learned a lot. And getting to perform the first ever execution in our group was kinda fun, especially since it was my boyfriend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oh and #4, not really a mistake since I think the rules are not clear, was discarding the used trauma tokens instead of returning them to the pool. So our trauma token pool was down to one disaster token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
And at that point we pretty much called the game and considered it a human win because one of our players was asleep at the end of the table.

As long as you have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who just ordered Exodus, this story definitely will encourage me to obsess over the rules before I let this hit the tables. Your night may have been a disaster, but it may have helped save some other peoples' by warning them. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Because Ameritrash drips with theme...
badge
Yep, that's my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Texjets281: Yes, you have to read the Ionian Nebula Option rules carefully, and you better do it twice or three times and write down a short summary to explain it to other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
oriecat wrote:

As long as you have fun.

I always have fun with this game, no matter what happens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
redsimon wrote:
Yes, you have to read the Ionian Nebula Option rules carefully, and you better do it twice or three times and write down a short summary to explain it to other people.

Honestly, because we don't hit the actual Nebula every time we play with that ending (the Cylons can polish the humans off before then if they're rocking it) I always pull out the rulebook and go step-by-step through all Nebula paragraphs. It doesn't add that much time to the game but it makes sure that everything is done. Hmm... maybe I should make a reference sheet.

Anyway, part of playing new games is figuring out which rules you messed up. It happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah, anytime we play something new (or add in something we hadn't used before), I take the rulebook to bed with me to read and find out everything we did wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:

New win condition in Exodus: Humans win if a player falls asleep? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.