Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just uploaded my 'take' on the battle described in the book "Redcoat's Revenge" by Col. David Fitz-Enz. You will have to make your own rocket counters.The book describes an alternative War of 1812, where British successes in 1814 bring The Duke of Wellington to Canada. At the old battlefield of Saratoga he and Andrew Jackson face off at Bemis Heights.

I've playtested and tweaked this scenario to make it a balanced and enjoyable game. I've found that the fortunes of war can fluctuate wildly during this battle. Rockets are fun but fairly useless - unless you have a run of luck. Typically, if the British troops can cut down the US artillery AND get to Bemis Heights with few losses, the US forces are in trouble - especially the militia. However, if the US forces have their act together, the British forces just provide a 'target rich' environment.

Have fun and let me know how YOU fare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Where is the "Rocket" unit, i didn´t saw it on the scenario map

And Rocket firing 2-2-2-2-2 (1-1-1-1-1 only one block remain), so i assume, they get no -1 terrain penalty

I will add this unit counter and scenario next to the unofficial module.

And you should offer it also on Fanmade scenario site on CCNapoleonics.net whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
i didn´t saw it on the scenario map

found it, need only new glasses modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.