Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: I am making solitaire Print and Play VASSAL modules and am taking requests. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are a tonne of print and play games out there. I love them. Particularily the solitaire ones. Anyone following the Solitaire Print and Play contest during July and August knows that I was rather prolific in making the modules.

Well, that contest is over. There are still games that I want to make. While I don't think that I will making them at the same pace that I did over the summer, I do plan to make a module every two to three weeks.

My next project is Rallytaire and will be posting that one on this thread in the next week or so:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7443906#7443906

But after that I am taking requests. What would everyone like to see? I will gather responses and then take a poll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There's a module for Thunderbolt-Apache Leader, but not Hornet Leader or Phantom Leader. I bet they'd get a lot of use.

Silent War might be a lot of work, but that game takes up so much real estate for so long that VASSAL might be the only way a lot of people could play.

Then there's the Field Commander series...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Andy Oakey's City of Guilds.

Drew Chamberlain's Delve: The Dice Game and Delve the Card Game are pretty fun.

I've been wanting to try Airborne in my Pocket, but it's so component-heavy that I keep chickening out.

I have yet to try Nick Hayes' Jasper and Zot, but everyone who has seems to rave about it.

Some of these may already have Vassal modules, I have no idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, they do have to be print and play. Don't own those games. I won't be able to get permission. (i.e. I don't have any contacts in the industry at all. Wouldn't even know where to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all of them have been done except Jasper and Zot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chad,

Would you be willing to do my WIP - Darkstar? I've been playtesting it with index cards but I would be able to get through many more games if it was in Vassal. I can send you the jpg's of each individual card and the backs if that will help.

Lemme know,

Eagles

Oh, and here is link to the WIP thread.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/695057/wip-iron-game-des...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it solitaire? If so I can try to whip something up fast. Not sure if I can do it before the contest deadline though. If you just want something fast but not polished, I can give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It currently is 1-4 players. If you can specifically make a solo only version that would be great. I've been trying to cobble together a module for a couple of days now and so far the only thing I've been able to do is make the deck blush So it would be great to see how your able to do it

Eagles

If you are able to do it, here is the link to the cards:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think so. Thanks for the cards split up. That really helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my pleasure. And please no rush Your helping me a ton!

Eagles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rallytaire is now released. I will begin work on Dark Star next. After that I will test Rallytaire after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, Rallytaire is done for the moment. Still needs to be playtested. Work on Dark Star has started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those requested above, I know for sure that Phantom Leader and Airborne In My Pocket do have a Vassal Module (AIMP is cited in the thread linked in the OP).

About Delve, there seems to be a module for the dice game but not the card game. On the Vassal site there is a page dedicated to it but with no link for the module. That would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so far the suggestions are as follows:

1. Delve: The Card Game by A. Tran
2. The Wheels of Time by Rebekah Bissel
3. Nick Hayes Jasper and Zot

To this list I want to add these games as I have been eyeing them for a long time:

4. Micro Space Empire by Robert Bartelli
5. Dungeon in a Tin by Jake Staines
6. Lord of the Rings Express by Eli Alampay
7. Derelicts of Sin: Heresy by E. Nate Kurth
8. Capone Says by kalkaoual

Keep in mind that I will not be starting these up for at least another 2 weeks or so.

Any others. (My goal is to do these about one every 2 - 3 weeks. So this might take me a while. Or not. I keep saying I need a break, but then I pump out 2 or three of them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that I do intend to do revisions to Rallytaire and Dark Star in the next week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can help with this.

I've already made one for Wheels of Time and I have one on hold for Micro Space Empire, though it's more a shell than anything. The components are already extracted and need to have a game area setup.

As for the others, well, I plan on getting to Dungeon in a Tin someday if you don't do it first. Either way, as long as it gets made, I'll be happy.

Also, note, my modules aren't as polished as yours Chad so you may just wanna make 'em anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started dungeon in a tin a while ago and got side tracked. but it is on my list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As freaking awesome as it would be to have Derelicts of Sin: Heresy turned into a Vassal module, I worry that the graphic design is too disjointed--Joe made some fantastic-looking game tiles, but the data cards are still plain text and boring. Maybe hold off on that until I can figure out how to "spiffify" the components. Not that you would even get to it for another few weeks, but then, I probably won't be able to work out some really good-looking data cards for another couple months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had an idea for Heresy that I thought might work. But I would gladly wait for new tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radchad wrote:
I started dungeon in a tin a while ago and got side tracked. but it is on my list.

Awesome sauce. I look forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made Dungeon Delve.

It wasn't on the list, but it was my attempt at putting together a vassak module with my new blank shell module. It actually worked out very quickly.

I still need to playtest both that one and Dark Star, but I was very happy at how easy it was to make a module with the new shell. I will post the new shell once I am sure that I have worked all the new kinks out of it. I will also hopefully give a detailed instruction as to how to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I already have the pieces cut for Dungeon in a Tin, I will work on that one next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon in a Tin is now ready to be tested. I posted the link on the other post. I will also post it on its other posts as well. Then I will test it more myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad, you are the man! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.