Subject: Disengaging Units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am learning this game I am becoming very interested in the actual War of the Roses. I've even bought a book on my ipad ibooks app called, Lancaster Against York by Trevor Royle.

I am playing my first game solo and have a few questions. On page 7 of the rulebook it states that a unit can disengage and move to an adjacent space within it's own battle. Normally toward it's rear position.

If a unit that has taken a few hits and passes it's morale roll (reducing it's cohesion rating) decides to move backwards within it's own battle during the movement phase, does that unit lose it's hit markers and it's cohesion rating rise to it's normal level?

Also, if a unit fails it's morale roll and is forced to retreat, if it has a reduced cohesion rating, does it regain it's normal cohesion rating? I don't remember seeing anything in the rules about this.

This game is very interesting and engaging. It plays differently than any other wargame that I've ever played. It's early and I'm not sure of my gameplay yet, but I have a strong feeling that it could become addicting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If a unit passes it's morale checks, all cohesion hits are applied immediately. Disengaging during movement does not affect cohesion. Once cohesion is reduced, it can only be restored through the play of a Rally card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Mr. Nagel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.