B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » News

Subject: News? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First of all, my apologies to Dirty Harry and all of you who has been waiting - and waiting - for the He 111, and my apologies to especially jasta6.

Dirty Harry, I feel that I have let you down because I made promises to you that I could not keep back then the last time we discussed the He 111 here.

Jasta 6, I am very sorry for not having written to you, a reply to your long, friendly and inviting message here, which was heartwarming and it cheered me up, when I was here on BGG that brief moment many moons ago.

I have not flown many missions since -08, a few with 314 sqd and dropped out of 88th, 100th and Steve's B-29 campaign. I haven't worked much on my projects, but I thought that I should upload the YB-40 Part I & II, which was available some where, I don't remember exactly where now, and I also don't know if the files I upload here are the same as those that were available before, because it was such a long time ago that I worked on them and my files are scattered on a couple of DVDs as I have moved them from one computer to others. I think though that I have found the latest version of them, the first final version. I see that the 218th is fying a mission with YB-40 and thought that my variant may be of interest to some players. It's used together with Operation Porcupine.

Halifax is available through the 314 sqd and Hampden is available on-line. 58th Bomb Wing is available on Steve's site, but I think that I will also upload it here on BGG.

So... what about He-111: The Spade? Well, yesterday I went through the rules and made a few changes and, well, you know. I think that I can call that part the First Final Version, because it's finished. Missions are needed to find bugs and parts that must be deleted or improved. All that is needed now to play the Battle of Britain Campaign are Target Lists and Gazetteers and Maps/Movement Boards, I have none except for the old KG55 Target List and Gazetter, which works and can be played. Targets are from the First Phase of the BoB, and put together for the play tests. At the moment I cannot promise you any BoB Target Lists and Gazetteers, I don't know when that part will be finished. I don't know what to do here; wait sending out The Spade until the BoB Campaign is finished, or do it now? Any suggestions?

Oops: 4 am here. I have to go to bed. I shall return.

Jasta6... would you like to read the first final draft of, yes, I think you know what, and check out the tables and charts? ...and it is also possible to play it. Six maps, if I remember correctly, are finished, and two Target Lists and Gazetteers.

Magnus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus, it is just good news that you're still working on the HE 111 project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, Rene!

I forgot to mention in the previous message that you can also fly the Ju 88.

The Do 17 is also here but I don't know if it is finished, have to check that. Ju 87 add-on may be finished, have to check that too.

Magnus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus,

Great to here you are still out there. There's no need for apologies my Friend!! It is wonderful to see that you are working on your ever so great variants again. Please keep us up to date on these projects as I am always eager to see your work.

By all means I would love to look over your first final draft. I will GM (GeekMail) you my current email as I am not sure which email you have of mine. It changed a few years back.

I look forward to corresponding with you on this effort.
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! a He 111 variant? Is this a -wait to be published boardgame- or is it available for all us fans of the B-17? I only ask because i cant wait to play it....
If you re looking for play testers i m in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
WOW! a He 111 variant? Is this a -wait to be published boardgame- or is it available for all us fans of the B-17? I only ask because i cant wait to play it....
If you re looking for play testers i m in!

I wouldn't mind having a go at this, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a mail from FineScale Modeler - Revell will release a 1:32 HE 111. So we just need a lot of Spitfires and Hurricanes!!!

http://www.revell.com/germany/aircraft/80-4696.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Howdy,

He-111 is going to be available for all. You will need B-17 to play it. It seems to be finished now, but still need Target Lists & Gazetteers to be able to play the Battle of Britain Campaign. I have simple fighter counters but no damage or crewcounters so use the ones from B-17.

Magnus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Felipe will make us some counters. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Ivansek
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to get a copy of this from you to run at Phoenix Vul-Con. We have a special B17 event planned and I'd sure like to add the He111 for the German fans. LMK.

Rick Ivansek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be honored to be represented at the Phoenix Vul-Con by the He 111. However, it is not yet completely finished. Mission Maps, Counters and Target Lists & Gazetteers for the Battle of Britain Campaign must be added. I do have a crude map and TL&G which was used for Play Tests earlier available, but it covers only the First Phase of the BoB and I think I put one or two targets bombed in the Second Phase on there too. It works though to fly missions with the He-111, and more missions must be flown to find bugs and other details that must be changed in the rules. Many have already been found but I am sure that there still are still some to be uncovered.

Magnus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd happily sign up to crew/play test an He111 if you are looking for crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.