Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be play testing my proposed Corsair variant; Carrier Air Operations - this weekend at the very latest.

I would like to share with you the new campaign I will also be testing at this time.

The campaign is called simply Carrier Air Operations. Note that it is not meant to be historically accurate nor is it pretending to portray any certain battle or time period of the war. It is simply presenting to you (I hope) the FEEL of carrier ops within the context of the game.

This campaign uses the Solomon Islands late 1942 to early 1943 campaign map. There are no rule changes to the scenario except as follows:

There is no map. The map is all in your mind. This is a generic scenario so create your own heroic narrative!

Each campaign in the original game has 18 targets. This scenario also has 18; construct your target deck with the following specific cards; 3, 4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31, 32, 33.

You may not select Army bombers (B17/B25) for your roster. Per variant rules that means you may employ one additional plane per mission above that which would be normally allowed.

That’s it. All other special rules are in the variant topic.

If you play this scenario and variant as I surely will very soon, please let me know what you think!

Oh, sorry, I haven't decided on victory conditions yet. Play tester reports might help me decide though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.