Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I saw Debt last night, it wasn't about the financial crisis at all, I was sad!

It turns out it is a decade spanning thriller. I would say political thriller, but that isn't quite right, it is more of a relationship thriller. Most of the twists and turns take place between the three main characters and their relations to one another.

I was easily the youngest person in the theater at 36, turns out you put old people in a movie, old people will come out to see it.

People never get tired of having Nazi's as villains though.

It was pretty good, entertaining, pretty tense at moments, well acted and with some neat turns in the plot. Well written, even the exposition scenes also pushed the character plot as well.

I give it a B I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it by myself Saturday afternoon. I agree. It was a pretty good story. And I was the only single in the audience. There were a dozen or so older, 50s and up, couples in the theater. I imagined all of us old guys were lusting after Helen Mirren and not Jessica Chastain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Jpwoo wrote:
I was easily the youngest person in the theater at 36, turns out you put old people in a movie, old people will come out to see it.
People older than 36 actually see movies in theaters?! Someone inform Hollywood! Then maybe they will see fit to make the occasional film for someone who isn't in 10th grade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Jpwoo wrote:
People older than 36 actually see movies in theaters?! Someone inform Hollywood! Then maybe they will see fit to make the occasional film for someone who isn't in 10th grade.

Hunh?

As someone over 36 that goes to movies, I feel the opposite. I want to see movies for tenth graders on the big screen. Old fart movies are best seen at home. I already feel that there is an overabundance of generic dramas. I bet I'll watch Super 8 or Tron more than any half decent drama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
I imagined all of us old guys were lusting after Helen Mirren and not Jessica Chastain.

I'm in that middle range...I feel comfortable lusting after both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captkayoss wrote:
scribidinus wrote:
I imagined all of us old guys were lusting after Helen Mirren and not Jessica Chastain.

I have no shame I will lust for the younger and the hot older guys! Yep I had just wee bit lust feeling for Zac Efron in the move 17 Again I am in the going to be 50 in a few years range. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:

They both were hot. and the same person... so confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
oscal wrote:
captkayoss wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

I have no shame I will lust for the younger and the hot older guys! Yep I had just wee bit lust feeling for Zac Efron in the move 17 Again I am in the going to be 50 in a few years range. cry

Cry away. You should be ashamed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
oscal wrote:
captkayoss wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

Cry away. You should be ashamed!

Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.