Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I know this game was played for many years with whatever people had on hand, and since it seems all but impossible to find in the US, I was wondering if anyone who's played it could chime in on how well it would play using actual "buttons" like those you would pin to your shirt? Some of the pictures look similar, though shirt buttons may not have enough of a convex shape... I was thinking a large inexpensive poster frame would make a good portable board, and a 6" plastic ruler would make a good shooter.

Thoughts from people who know the game well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
So, I know this game was played for many years with whatever people had on hand, and since it seems all but impossible to find in the US, I was wondering if anyone who's played it could chime in on how well it would play using actual "buttons" like those you would pin to your shirt? Some of the pictures look similar, though shirt buttons may not have enough of a convex shape... I was thinking a large inexpensive poster frame would make a good portable board, and a 6" plastic ruler would make a good shooter.

Thoughts from people who know the game well?

Probably not, because they're not convex... but you could make some fine buttons from coconuts (kids used to do it in Brazil a long time ago)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:

Probably not, because they're not convex... but you could make some fine buttons from coconuts (kids used to do it in Brazil a long time ago)

I probably should have clarified that I meant buttons such as these, which are slightly convex.

What do you think of something like that? Obviously I'd remove the pin from the back so they lie flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it.

Actually the main problems could be if the players could fly (because they aren't heavy enough) or the ball couldn't fly. Try with one button, and if it works fine, you can make more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milegyenanevem wrote:
Try it.

Actually the main problems could be if the players could fly (because they aren't heavy enough) or the ball couldn't fly. Try with one button, and if it works fine, you can make more.

I was thinking about soldering some metal washers to the backside of the buttons to add weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
milegyenanevem wrote:
Try it.

I was thinking about soldering some metal washers to the backside of the buttons to add weight.

Try glueing some coins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, but I guess I'll never find out. I managed to find a geek through the trade finder who had a set, and although I didn't have anything he was looking for, we managed to come to a deal. He acted super fast, I've even got the shipping notification.

Now to go about making a pitch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le&Le Games Le&Le Games
Romania
Targu-Mures
Mures
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys,

We are on a project to create this game at a high quality game. If you are interested about this, you can check out our funding page, we are on funding now on Indiegogo.
You can help to get this game out and you can play it from September. ;-)
Any question just ask. THANX

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sectorball-12touches-table...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. You should make the own thread for the project. 12-touches is not more popular than the other 2 modalities. If anything, 1-touch is the most popular but it is ok for the project purpose. I hope it gets funded. I have enough teams at home but I will consider pledging. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le&Le Games Le&Le Games
Romania
Targu-Mures
Mures
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Thank you. We have started the thread already: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/948572/sectorball-12-tou...

The idea is that the players are the same, the goalkeepers differ (will be one for Sectorball one for Brazilian inside), we will include the ruls for 12 T and Sectorball, but on our website we will also add later (or maybe even on the rulebook) the 1T or 3T rules as well. It is played with same players, so only the rules differ :-)

If you consider pledging, I will thank you. Also you can share to many as you can to have this game out as I dream around September. We will release anyway, just is not the same 500 or 2000 boxes. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.