Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Eaten by Zombies!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Coffin Nails and placeholders for Starting Swag cards.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Coffin Nails placeholder says you draw two cards, but the card says you draw one card. I'm assuming that the card is correct?

Also, I'm not sure I would ever want to play with this card. It's the only card in the game that I don't "get" why anyone would EVER buy, lol.

Second question. The placeholders for the Starting Swag cards say that their cost is actually one less than the displayed value if chosen at random instead of setting them as fixed Swag cards. Is this still true? Just double checking as there is no mention of this in the rule book that I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coffin Nails is awesome! It's the only other way of getting zombie cards out of your hands, especially the level 8 Zombie that you would otherwise never be able to get out of your hand! Plus you can trash whatever you want from your discard pile, like Hide or Heavy Stick.

Yes, if you choose not to use the Starting Swag cards + 2 random Swag cards per player standard setup, then if one of those three is selected at random it would cost one less.

I always include A Good Book, Binoculars and Rifle, so I have never done this. Plus it would be really confusing to remember that they cost 1 less.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Acres
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, but the 1st part of the question was not answered, I am also leaning towards the card saying draw 1 card is correct, instead of the divider card which states 2 cards are drawn. But with so many inconsistencies and typos in this game, who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is right, only draw one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.