Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raúl Lopezosa
Spain
Almendralejo
Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like what I see at [url]http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70455/official-alternate-v... [/url] , thanks Jim Krohn, but my friends and me want more and more...

What about 'cards' like Nexu Op http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15363/nexus-ops (or somthing like that) for 'eurogamers players'? I mean, a system for get VPs under certains circunstances, some of then give you these VP inmediatily, and others at the end of the game (like Race for the Galaxy, but unseen cards), and you can spend some CP to draw cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were the designer of this game, I'd say you're trying to change the nature of the game too much.

SE 4X is a wargame, not a Euro-style game. Some games try to be both, but not all have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Nexus Ops doesn't seem to be all that Euro to me, so borrowing from there might not move the game all too much in Euro territory

If you want to go all the way, you can use the King of the Warp Point variant, give special bonus cards to those holding warp points and those who lose a combat somewhere as a defender, with stuff like "move fleet one more space" or "get one free Destroyer" (or DN?) that they can play whenever they like.

That being said, these ideas don't really tempt me. Just like politics or trade (that would be my prime candidates for stuff this game doesn't have even though it might), they don't really match up to the elegance and simplicity and streamlinedness (if that's even a word) of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:

That being said, these ideas don't really tempt me. Just like politics or trade (that would be my prime candidates for stuff this game doesn't have even though it might), they don't really match up to the elegance and simplicity and streamlinedness (if that's even a word) of the rules.

I believe the word you are looking for is "streamlinity."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
thanks Jim Krohn, but my friends and me want more and more...

Well, the game was made to be modular. It is very easy to tweak. I don't have anything in the works right now, but if you want to go the Nexus Ops route, you can give points out for combat (that would be the easiest thing). Post what you come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Space Empires 4X as a wargame not a euro, personally I would not go down the track of victory points. I like what Jim has posted as a variant and I think that goes far enough.

But if you want to put some kind of victory point game into the system, I guess that you could do that. I prefer to not to have to chase VPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malacandra wrote:
haslo wrote:
and streamlinedness (if that's even a word)

I believe the word you are looking for is "streamlinity."

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152504

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.