United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.npr.org/2011/09/13/140424916/rockets-fired-toward...

I was based in this area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Insurgents reportedly firing rockets and assault rifles launched a brazen attack Tuesday in an area of Afghanistan's capital that houses the U.S. Embassy, NATO headquarters and other government buildings.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the assault that rocked the diplomatic district in Kabul.

I see what they did there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And? it seems to me this is what happens in war. Look on the bight side, no Elhpey Bey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a guy who was stationed in that area, I can assure you that that level of an attack is unusual. Though I don't think it indicates any significant new ability on the part of the Taliban or a capability/willingness to escalate the conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
If the terrorists would go home then they would not get attacked.

And why are we not friends with the Taliban anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liberated: http://morallowground.com/2011/07/07/nato-air-strike-kills-1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:

Bullshit.

Apologist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
pronoblem wrote:

Bullshit.

Apologist.

I would tend to agre (to an extent) after all the USA was not in Afganistan in 2001.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Apologist.

Realist. Staying here is simply beating on a hornets nest at best and our track record of rape and murder of women and children and the desecrating of their corpses has them pretty mad at us. I think we have done enough liberating for one decade. I know I would not want a hostile army in my city killing my friends and family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
tstone wrote:
Apologist.

Realist. Staying here is simply beating on a hornets nest at best and our track record of rape and murder of women and children and the desecrating of their corpses has them pretty mad at us. I think we have done enough liberating for one decade. I know I would not want a hostile army in my city killing my friends and family.

Sounds more like deluded anti-Semitic hatred to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
pronoblem wrote:
tstone wrote:
Apologist.

Sorry but I see no mention of Jews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
bobby_5150 wrote:
pronoblem wrote:
tstone wrote:
Apologist.

Different discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

As usual... he's flailing. When he doesn't have an argument (usually) he resorts to insults.

This was a good one though. I suppose next up is "Hitler".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bobby_5150 wrote:
pronoblem wrote:
tstone wrote:
Apologist.

Different discussion.

Perhaps you would care to elaberate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

As usual... he's flailing. When he doesn't have an argument (usually) he resorts to insults.

This was a good one though. I suppose next up is "Hitler".

You have got to come up with a better retort.

To many 'out of context', 'don't you understand sarcasm?' 'he's flailing.' They seems to be your only answers these days. Those and your standard insults and cherry picking.

Oh, and you can have Justin Bieber if you want him so badly. I do care for his music anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

In a different discussion, pronoblem said that he wished that the US had lost WW II. He didn't say if he preferred the Nazis or the Soviets to be the ultimate winner, but I think that we can say that if either ideology had won, the Jews would be SOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

In a different discussion, pronoblem said that he wished that the US had lost WW II. He didn't say if he preferred the Nazis or the Soviets to be the ultimate winner, but I think that we can say that if either ideology had won, the Jews would be SOL.

That does not make it an anti-semitic comment (for a start more chinese died then Jews, So using that logic its a sinophobic comment). What he actually said “I would have preferred that we had lost or surrendered rather than using the ultimate weapon.” In other words he did not say he wanted the USA to lose, just that (in his opinion) the moral cost of the victory outweighs the moral cost of not using it and drawing or losing. What you have done is a gross misreprentation of what he said. I would susgest that you withdraw the accusation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
You have got to come up with a better retort.

To many 'out of context', 'don't you understand sarcasm?' 'he's flailing.' They seems to be your only answers these days.

If you read some of my other replies to other people that have well thought out arguments or questions you will see that you are a minority. I respond to you in that way (and only a few times, you are now being hyperbolic) because it is a response to your tactic... insults, cherry picking, ad hominem, etc... as well, you lack of reading comprehension.

Seriously, anti-Semitic because we should pull troops from Afghanistan? What color is the sky in your world?

bobby_5150 wrote:
Oh, and you can have Justin Bieber if you want him so badly. I do care for his music anyway.

That's between you and your buddy tstone. I have no claim here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:

...and I may have not been born. So, what is your point?

Oh, and if I recall correctly, I said that I wished we had surrendered instead of dropping the Bomb. That was specific to Japan not the Nazis and months after the war ended in Europe. Either way... we have become our enemy. The USA if it does not changes its ways will be defeated and it will be the same thing all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
bobby_5150 wrote:

...and I may have not been born. So, what is your point?

Oh, and if I recall correctly, I said that I wished we had surrendered instead of dropping the Bomb. That was specific to Japan not the Nazis and months after the war ended in Europe. Either way... we have become our enemy. The USA if it does not changes its ways will be defeated and it will be the same thing all over again.

pronoblem wrote:
I would have preferred that we had lost or surrendered rather than using the ultimate weapon.

I guess that you did not recall correctly.

My point is that your statement was either anti-Semitic or that you spout off shit without thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:

bobby_5150 wrote:

No, no. You keep him. You're the one who brought him up. I know how much he means to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
pronoblem wrote:

bobby_5150 wrote:

No, no. You keep him. You're the one who brought him up. I know how much he means to you.

When did he bring him up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem;

If i may ask, your stance on things seems a bit outlandish BUT you've never to my knowledge really clarified. So perhaps if you step back a moment and explain, what you're trying to say might come through more effectively.

1. What specific aspects of US foreign policy are in your opinion "evil" and why? What alternatives would you propose?

2. Does the US play a particular role in this "evil" or is it just the same thing as other countries on a greater scale for example?

3. I'm not sure what to ask about the whole Hiroshima and Nagasaki thing. My views are perhaps not so favorable of US action in this instance but probably for different reasons than your own. Could you explain your views?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
My point is that your statement was either anti-Semitic or that you spout off shit without thinking.

That is not a point. Neither are true. If you want to engage in debate I would suggest you study the subject of symbolic logic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

1. Our military budget, propping up of despots, assassinations, counterfeiting foreign currency to destabilize economies, drug deals that end up with our inner-city poor involved, use of biological and chemical weapons, depleted uranium, nuclear weapons, etc.. in general our immoral, absurd and violent culture, gluttony, greed, waste, constant wars, etc. Basically, our disregard for sanity, peace, sustainability and human life in the fight for resources, religion and ideology.

2. We are public enemy #1... but we are not alone. I can only speak and take action for my own team. We knocked down German, Russia, Japan and China WWII and post era... now we are our own enemy. Sure, our reign will end soon and we will be replaced by something that will grow to be just as ugly - it is the human condition. Mostly, I am upset by our incredible failure as a nation and as a species... 21st Century? We are the new Rome.

3. I have before. In another thread. Look it up. Basically, we should have never used them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.