Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
HI guys what is the best way to get the most out of crews post abandonment?
How do you use crews in your scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use them at all unless they are called for in SSRs for VP points / conditions.

If you just had your tank / vehicles just blown out from under you, I'm willing to bet the last thing on your mind is to go 'Audie Murphy' and attack towards the enemy lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the optional rule that the Crew only survives on a '1'. When there is a Crew I try to use them effectively. It's sort of gamey, but they are great to throw into a suicide Melee for no other reason than holding up an enemy position so you can move other units without having to worry about being Opportunity Fired on. Once in a while they are in a position to control a hex, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are even crews bailing out from helicopters and aircraft when they are destroyed. I don't fiddle with them but maybe I should!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Wright
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a downed American 'chopper crew stop a Somali half-squad on the final turn of a scenario for Day of Heroes to hold the objective and win the game.

Since then, I don't underestimate their usefulness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
stevewright wrote:
I had a downed American 'chopper crew stop a Somali half-squad on the final turn of a scenario for Day of Heroes to hold the objective and win the game.

Since then, I don't underestimate their usefulness.

And that my friend is why I asked.
I was looking at the level of details on rules here, AND looking at DoH. The pics showed lots of hapless crews trying to hold on. Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Too gamey for me.

As for Helicopter crews - I'd put them on par with the Somalis when it comes to actual combat ability on the ground.

Vehicle crews can be much better depending on what type of vehicle but I wouldn't count on a real life crew of a tank to do much more than hunker down and try to get someplace safe once they lost their vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.