Magnum Sal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Water pumping and water in chambers when transporting salt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Carpenter
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
flag msg tools
I played Magnum Sal for the first time last night and need some clarification with some of the water requirements. I have 2 questions:

1). Why can you pay 9 at the pump house building to extract water, when it can only be extracted from 1 chamber?
(The bit about 1 chamber was seen in the answer to a another rules question, I have not been able to check the rules)

2). If 2 or more water are left in the chamber that I need transport salt through, from a more distant chamber, do I need to have miners to hold back the water?
I don't believe I need to, but, it feels like there should be a penalty for not clearing the mine of water (especially in the 2 player game where we took one side of the mine shaft each).

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
tenter wrote:
I played Magnum Sal for the first time last night and need some clarification with some of the water requirements. I have 2 questions:

1). Why can you pay 9 at the pump house building to extract water, when it can only be extracted from 1 chamber?
(The bit about 1 chamber was seen in the answer to a another rules question, I have not been able to check the rules)

2). If 2 or more water are left in the chamber that I need transport salt through, from a more distant chamber, do I need to have miners to hold back the water?
I don't believe I need to, but, it feels like there should be a penalty for not clearing the mine of water (especially in the 2 player game where we took one side of the mine shaft each).

Thanks

1) Because when you use the bucket (water mover) tool, the water cube goes into an adjacent chamber. It is possible that the $9 wouldn't be enough to pump all of it out!

2) You do not care about water in chambers you are carrying through, only the one you are extracting from. Think of the water being knee to waist deep; you would be able to carry the salt above the water level.

Hope that helps, enjoy it, Magnum Sal is a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam is right in both cases! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm that Filip is right that Adam is right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carpenter
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response. Playing our second game now and our board is now covered in water

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.