Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be somewhere in these threads already but I thought I'd go ahead and setup a thread for this in particular.

So, what is the expected release date?

And yes, cult of the new, hype and such. Whatever, the game looks like fun and I want to play/own it. Therefore I will likely preorder it. So there.

And yea, it's being advertised on BGG at the top. So what? From what I can tell, there's not much of a hype machine besides that, yet. And so what if there was? You can go about your business with your cult of the old and waiting until you can play someone else's copy. I'll just buy it and move on. Donalad X V has yet to dissapoint me.

Boy, I'm starting all kinds of fights, aren't I? How about this, I'm not trying to start a fight. Call me a fanboy if you want, I guess. Probably true, but that doesn't bug me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
And yes, cult of the new, hype and such. Whatever, the game looks like fun and I want to play/own it. Therefore I will likely preorder it. So there.

And yea, it's being advertised on BGG at the top. So what? From what I can tell, there's not much of a hype machine besides that, yet. And so what if there was? You can go about your business with your cult of the old and waiting until you can play someone else's copy. I'll just buy it and move on. Donalad X V has yet to dissapoint me.

Boy, I'm starting all kinds of fights, aren't I? How about this, I'm not trying to start a fight. Call me a fanboy if you want, I guess. Probably true, but that doesn't bug me.

Someone's awfully defensive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Neo42 wrote:
And yes, cult of the new, hype and such. Whatever, the game looks like fun and I want to play/own it. Therefore I will likely preorder it. So there. :p

Can I reply without proving your point? Probably not. I just have seen many comments from people who complain about hype, cult of new, etc... whenever people get excited for a game that's not out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

Can I reply without proving your point? Probably not. I just have seen many comments from people who complain about hype, cult of new, etc... whenever people get excited for a game that's not out yet.

Opinions, assholes, etc. Just ignore the naysayers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it should be at Essen.

As far as general US release that will depend on Queen I guess. My impression is that they haven't gotten things out very quickly to the US in the past, but I don't have any real data, nor may it be a good indicator of how they will handle this release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Neo42 wrote:
So, what is the expected release date?

It will be at Essen (so that's October 20th); I don't know when it will actually make it into stores in various countries, but the plan would be, right around then. It has been printed early enough that it could actually get shipped in time to come out promptly in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Essen, that's good! Any promo cards / tiles ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to say thank you, Donald, for replying in the forums here when it's warranted and you have something to add to the discussion. I am glad to hear more about the game, designer notes, trials, successes, printing/publishing/delivery dates, etc...

I also want to thank you, Donald, for not commenting when there are silly comments/debates/flame wars, etc. surrounding his design(s). Let the community control themselves or the admins when needed, KUDOS to you sir for doing just that!

And finally, thank you, Donald, for contributing your works to the hobby we all share. You have a great credit to your name with Dominion and I look forward to giving Kingdom Builder a go. I will keep my eyes peeled for notes about the kid's game and the mad scientist one too.

(Edit: pronouns are annoying when you switch subject...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Turri
Switzerland
Nyon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Neo42 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

Opinions, assholes, etc. Just ignore the naysayers.

@Asmor: OT, but... I love your microbadges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.