Subject: what's up with 'Bleakwood' Siege? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
My game arrived just early today and as always I was excited to open it up and take at look at what it offers:
-the first thing is the 8-pages-long rulebook instead of the typical 16-pages ones in the past, basically just explaining the two new terms and the card glossary-- but Okay, no big deal!
-At the top of the 2nd page I see the word 'Bleakwood' Siege. Hmm... I wonder if that was the originally intended name or was it just some sort of typo?
-There's no 'first game set up' in this expansion which I find it quite odd.
-The Raid Effect states that in case of a tie of the 'most/least', the decision is determined by the active player. I'm not sure what it means by that but isn't it to be played the same way as in the case of 'highest/lowest' whereby you choose one?
- What confuses me the most is probably the part of the game description that says 'When brought together, the Stones have enough power to cast him out of the world- but every stone must be captured if the heroes hope to succeed!'. Umm...Can someone tell me what does this have to do with this expansion?

Guys, don't get me wrong--I'm not trying to complain or anything-- just few things to share with/need clarifications. thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
My game arrived just early today and as always I was excited to open it up and take at look at what it offers:
-the first thing is the 8-pages-long rulebook instead of the typical 16-pages ones in the past, basically just explaining the two new terms and the card glossary-- but Okay, no big deal!
-At the top of the 2nd page I see the word 'Bleakwood' Siege. Hmm... I wonder if that was the originally intended name or was it just some sort of typo?
-There's no 'first game set up' in this expansion which I find it quite odd.
-The Raid Effect states that in case of a tie of the 'most/least', the decision is determined by the active player. I'm not sure what it means by that but isn't it to be played the same way as in the case of 'highest/lowest' whereby you choose one?
- What confuses me the most is probably the part of the game description that says 'When brought together, the Stones have enough power to cast him out of the world- but every stone must be captured if the heroes hope to succeed!'. Umm...Can someone tell me what does this have to do with this expansion?

Guys, don't get me wrong--I'm not trying to complain or anything-- just few things to share with/need clarifications. thanks.

1) You already know how to play if you are buying an expansion...so the rules aren't reiterated in their entirety. Just enough to get you going for the expansion

2) Don't have the rules on me, but I'm sure its a typo

3) Again, if you are playing an expansion, you have played before and probably aren't on your "first game"

4) It means that if two piles or strengths or whatever are the same when a raid effect comes in to play, the player who's turn it is currently decides which ONE is the target of the effect

5) Its flavor text to describe the story of the game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
charlesting wrote:

[q="slaqr"]5) Its flavor text to describe the story of the game....

I mean, if it wasn't for HoD (and more thereafter), it would make me think that this is the final expansion!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.