Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if the remake will use the same or new scenarios? Could be the difference for me in buying it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it highly unlikely that they even could include the same scenarios as in the first edition, since all the floor tiles and monsters will be different.
But that's just guesswork of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - can't see them reusing the old scenarios.

My biggest hope is that they figure out a way to make all the old components as reusable as possible (specifically, tiles).

Components that are definitely incompatible from 1st to 2nd:

- dice
- cards (upgrade pack fix)
- character sheets (upgrade pack fix most of them maybe?)
- scenarios

What else did I miss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be really sad if there's not some kind of version of Narthak and his lair. Maybe it's been remodeled and is not tougher?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Burton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe card and tile packs kinda like they do in Runebound. That way for $8-$20 you can spice up the base game without going with a full expansion yet.

Under the like to see section for Descent 2.0: being able to go the Arkham horror route where you can have all the expansions active for the Mega adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
It's highly unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there will be a community effort to convert the 1e quests to 2e. We obviously have to wait and see how the 2e rules will all pan out - but isn't there a CHANCE we might just see many of the quests actually work well - almost as is - with 2e rules and pieces?

If you get the conversion kit - all the monsters will work in the second. Might need some adjustments of the final boss monster stats... as we don't know how those will scale now.

But then - isn't the only other thing that isn't addressed then be traps that are IN the quest... the OL we presume will have traps in his hand - but if there are trap built into the map - example being the spinning blades in the quest currently being played on BGG here. We don't know if there will be that trap in 2e... but - it's a simple mechanic - and we just simply need to find a die in the second edition with the same %ages - and apply to 2e terms to adjust for the spinning blades and simply use the 1e spinning blade tile in the quest. (assuming there will be lingering effects like bleed still...)

What else would need to be adjusted for really?

My list:
1. End boss
2. traps built into the map (i.e. spinning blade, rolling ball, dart fields.)

What am I missing? Will it really be that difficult to use a 1e quest in 2e based on this? (OBVIOUSLY we have not seen the rules yet - but with the nuggets we've seen - I think we can expect certain parts to play a certain way.)

EDIT - and yes - I realize... there could be some balance concerns presented - as we don't know if the monsters will get boosted in someway and steeply gimped in another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald (Joe) Rupert
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there will be a community effort to convert the 1e quests to 2e. We obviously have to wait and see how the 2e rules will all pan out - but isn't there a CHANCE we might just see many of the quests actually work well - almost as is - with 2e rules and pieces?

If you get the conversion kit - all the monsters will work in the second. Might need some adjustments of the final boss monster stats... as we don't know how those will scale now.

But then - isn't the only other thing that isn't addressed then be traps that are IN the quest... the OL we presume will have traps in his hand - but if there are trap built into the map - example being the spinning blades in the quest currently being played on BGG here. We don't know if there will be that trap in 2e... but - it's a simple mechanic - and we just simply need to find a die in the second edition with the same %ages - and apply to 2e terms to adjust for the spinning blades and simply use the 1e spinning blade tile in the quest. (assuming there will be lingering effects like bleed still...)

What else would need to be adjusted for really?

My list:
1. End boss
2. traps built into the map (i.e. spinning blade, rolling ball, dart fields.)

What am I missing? Will it really be that difficult to use a 1e quest in 2e based on this? (OBVIOUSLY we have not seen the rules yet - but with the nuggets we've seen - I think we can expect certain parts to play a certain way.)

EDIT - and yes - I realize... there could be some balance concerns presented - as we don't know if the monsters will get boosted in someway and steeply gimped in another.

This is exactly what has been going through my head for some time. If we could convert the scenarios (which I believe you are correct...it wouldn't be that difficult after purchasing the conversion kit), 2e would become a no-brainer purchase for me.

Nice post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.