Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: If you like this game, and own a 3DS... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...Check out Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. It's a sort of squad-based tactical strategy game. Each character has different abilities and weapons, and you can take cover behind/inside brush, buildings, elevation changes, etc. It's quasi-futuristic military rather than sci-fi horror, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo John
Denmark
flag msg tools
I think most people with a 3DS knows about that game, since it's about the best there is at the moment for the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In no universe would I call Gears a sci-fi horror. But I agree Shadow Wars is a great game and almost the only thing worthwhile on the 3DS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Selurevad wrote:
In no universe would I call Gears a sci-fi horror. But I agree Shadow Wars is a great game and almost the only thing worthwhile on the 3DS.

Well, it's definitely sci-fi, and not horror to the degree of Resident Evil or Dead Space, but certainly more so than Ghost Recon.

Oh, and Samurai Warriors Chronicles is worthwhile too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny, I've actually been playing Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars these past few weeks, and I had the exact thought that it shares a lot of similarities with the Gears board game. In that it's a turn-based strategy game with heavy emphasis on ranged combat and line of sight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Does it use dice or have card combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No but Dexter345 mentioned that "it's a turn-based strategy game with heavy emphasis on ranged combat and line of sight." Which is kind of similar.

NOW, if you like this game, and own an XBOX 360.... buy Gears of War 3 on the 20th Sept whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a 3DS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett Schaller wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a 3DS?

Nintendo 3DS - their latest handheld that's selling relatively poorly, for a number of valid reasons. But hey, I still have my Virtual Boy, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fredin
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
No but Dexter345 mentioned that "it's a turn-based strategy game with heavy emphasis on ranged combat and line of sight." Which is kind of similar.

NOW, if you like this game, and own an XBOX 360.... buy Gears of War 3 on the 20th Sept whistle

As long as long as you dont play that space marine game that is a blatant rip off of gears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Nintendo 3DS - their latest handheld that's selling relatively poorly, for a number of valid reasons.

Ah, thanks. I'm not up on the world of video games. I think the last one I played was on the Sega CD (which I still have.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Streeeet Fighter!

Oh, and Mage Knight DS had virtual dice. You needed to shake 'em around on the touchscreen to resolve your attack. Pretty good implementation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The King of Cool
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcherAve wrote:

As long as long as you dont play that space marine game that is a blatant rip off of gears.

Sneaky sneaky. All of the game previewing zombies had me up in digital arms for a week or so. Your statement rekindled my rage, but your wink mercifully lowered my blood pressure. I should apparently spend less time on the internet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.