Subject: Elite Militia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys!
I cant understand the final text of this card... I dont know...
"When purchased, you may make an additional buy and may destroy destroy 1 militia."
Means if you destroy one militia you can buy another card on the same turn you bought or leveled up the normal militia?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Miranda
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It allows you to purchase one more card and to destroy a militia. You may make another buy even if you didn't destroyed the militia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Leo! (Valeu meu chará!)
I am very new on this game... I bought last week...
What is the point on freely destroy a militia on this case?
Just empty your deck to better cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually you want to destroy militia to make room for better cards. You would much rather draw almost any other hero than a militia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
IronRush wrote:
Thanks Leo! (Valeu meu chará!)
I am very new on this game... I bought last week...
What is the point on freely destroy a militia on this case?
Just empty your deck to better cards?

A very common strategy in Thunderstone is to do some deck cleansing. This means getting rid of weak cards which you don't want to draw. The Militia is the weakest of all cards: It provides no Gold in the Village, Only provides +1 Attack and can't carry a decent weapon. Same goes to daggers and Iron Rations which won't be very useful very long as you get stronger heroes/weapons and cards with Gold value.

Many people will willingly rest many times early in the game to get rid of them ASAP, but whenever a card allows you to destroy Militias for free it'so often considered a better play. Not having some of the Militias in your hand early means you'll have more gold each hand to buy better heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.