Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this game twice last night and there was some confusion about the use of clue tokens. Here is an example.

When Rolling 4 dice to complete a task, would using a clue token allow you to:
a) re-roll all dice OR one die
or
b) re-roll all dice OR any number of dice

Also, for clarification: There doesn't appear to be anything in the rules stopping you from using a second clue token if the first one didn't produce the desired results. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrissc wrote:
When Rolling 4 dice to complete a task, would using a clue token allow you to:
a) re-roll all dice OR one die
or
b) re-roll all dice OR any number of dice

A clue token lets you take any or all of the dice you just rolled, and re-roll them, before determining whether or not you complete a task.

chrissc wrote:
Also, for clarification: There doesn't appear to be anything in the rules stopping you from using a second clue token if the first one didn't produce the desired results. Is this correct?

Correct. If you have a number of them you can keep spending them until you get the result you need, or you run out and fail at completing a task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cooper
United States
Indiana
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Expand your gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...or you run out and fail at completing a task.

This happens to me a nontrivial number of times...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
A clue token lets you take any or all of the dice you just rolled, and re-roll them, before determining whether or not you complete a task.

I guess the question is; by "any" do they mean "any SINGLE die" or "any amount of dice". "any amount of dice" would seem to imply you could reroll all dice anyways, so mentioning "or all dice" seems unnecessary. This led to me thinking perhaps they meant any single die.

One or all would lean towards a more challenging decision too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I view it as: You roll 6 dice, you like 2 of the results but need more results to defeat the task, so you roll the other 4 keeping the 2 wanted results from the initial roll.

If you fail to complete the task with this roll and are out of clue tokens, you can still only focus one of those good dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.