Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Ashcan Pete's ability allow him to look at the card he is considering trading before he decides to trade it or not? Examples of possible interpretations of this rule:

a) Pete gets a common item. He draws a common item, looks at it and then decides he doesn't like it. He places it at the bottom of the common item deck and draws a unique item.
OR
b) Pete gets a common item. He chooses before drawing the common item that he would rather have a unique item and draws from the unique item deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lawhun
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I would say no... given that the general rule of thumb for rules interpretation seems to be whatever would make it more challenging for the investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I take it as:

When you will be gaining an item of one kind, you are allowed to instead gain an item of any type of your choice OR a clue token. Not actually seeing what item you would gain first and then deciding.

"Hey look, that adventure is easy to complete, but I really want a unique item rather than a spell. Oh wait, I'm using Pete, awesome."

Think of it as taking the item/spell rewards on adventures and being able to treat each one as whatever you want besides an Elder Sign and swapping clues for items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.