Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering what the best first expansions to get are for M44 now that the game has been out for a few years and there is numerous expansion packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO you should get Breakthrough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with any of the army packs. All they require is the base game, yet adding new armies with different rules.

I started with the Pacific Theater, and I'm well pleased with it. It is great. Almost everyone else recommends Eastern Front. A lot of the other expansions beyond the army packs and terrain pack require other expansions to fully utilize the scenarios.

If you're looking at Campaign Book Volume 1 down the line, you'll need Terrain Pack, Air Pack, and Eastern Front. So, maybe that is a good place to start.

Breakthrough still requires expansions if you want to play all the scenarios, so I wouldn't make it my first until you get some more expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO Breakthrough and the Air Pack are the least essential apart from the backpack which is totally uneccessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could read prior threads with this topic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could but I wanted up to date info and didnt want to sift through 50 threads. How does one search with the tags

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ramkitty wrote:
I could but I wanted up to date info and didnt want to sift through 50 threads. How does one search with the tags

They don't come out with new expansions all that often so even a thread a year old is still applicable. Even at that, my recommendation from 5 years ago is still applicable: Buy them in the order produced (in other words, get the Army packs first). Then explore the other ways to play: Overlord and Breakthrough. Air Pack is awesome but not a good first investment and you will need Terrain Pack to get the most out of it.

This one is recent, all encompassing, and on-going. It gives you a quick glance of what you should be looking for based on the most answers.

ETA: Oops, here's the link: Expansions Poll: Veterans Give Us Your Experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good link, I just gave it a thumb so it now appears on the first page of hot in the general forum, not just storage solutions anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.