Mike Ganotisi
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I managed to find the time to give this a go last night and made it half way into week 2 of the first campaign. My first week (turn) was uneventful, moving only about half of my subs partly due to uncertainty of what's supposed to be happening. Questions are as follows:

I move a sub to an OpArea and roll on chart. Do I do this for every single sub that I move or do I make one roll for the stack of subs moving to that area?

Same goes for patrolling. Do I roll once as a batch to see what type/size of enemy we encounter and then resolve each subs combat results?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Until you can do wolfpacks, one per.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
get a wrist brace to stave off carpal tunnel syndrome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
radsailor wrote:
get a wrist brace to stave off carpal tunnel syndrome

I think I ruined my rotator cuffs rolling dice while playing D&D all those years! I must use my whole arm when I roll. Not kidding, actually. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ganotisi
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the quick reply. After clicking "send" on my phone I felt bad thinking my question wasn't as clear, but it answered my question. I couldn't wait until I got home since it was bugging me at work. Now I'm on my lunch break and I'm finishing up on the OpArea. After this, I got another OpArea to resolve...

I'm not sure about the strategy on this one. Should I allocate my attacks on more than one enemy ship and target at least two? These damn torpedos (-2) don't seem to work. I think it would be better for me to roll on 2 targets since I at least get to roll more. Midway through week 2 and I only have 1 ton/1 ship under my belt.

Perhaps I should have patrolled or moved all my subs from their bases in week 1 in hopes of getting more chances to roll/sink ships. Oh well, we'll see how this one goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The torpedos basically suck, yeah. My strategy was to always attack the weakest target with everything I had, and run away if I couldn't or didn't hit.

Not that that helped much...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.