Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Specter
United States
Belmont
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play Bureaucrat, and an opponent reacts with Secret Chamber, can someone explain to me how this is resolved? Do just 2 cards get put pack if 1 is a Victory card? Do 3 cards get put back? Do you resolve Secret Chamber entirely then Bureaucrat? Thanks in advance for the asssit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kamus73 wrote:
If I play Bureaucrat, and an opponent reacts with Secret Chamber, can someone explain to me how this is resolved? Do just 2 cards get put pack if 1 is a Victory card? Do 3 cards get put back? Do you resolve Secret Chamber entirely then Bureaucrat? Thanks in advance for the asssit.

Resolve Secret Chamber fully, which means draw 2 and put 2 back on your deck, then resolve Bureaucrat putting back a Victory card if you still have one.

You would put 3 cards back if you still had a victory card after SC was played. If one of the two cards that SC puts back is a victory, it doesn't "fulfill" the requirement for Bureaucrat. But if you had no Victory cards left in hand, then you would just ignore the Bureaucrat discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
If he reveals Secret Chamber after you play a Bureaucrat, he would draw two cards. He would then put two on top of his deck. If, at that point, he has any VP cards left in his hand, he would add it to the top of his deck. What he keeps and what he puts on his deck will likely be influenced by what else he has in his hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamus73 wrote:
Do you resolve Secret Chamber entirely then Bureaucrat?

This. The person who reveals Secret Chamber draws two cards and then puts two back. Then they either reveal and put back a Victory card or they reveal a hand with no Victory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
You play Bureaucrat

You gain a silver on top of your deck

Opponent reveals Secret Chamber

Opponent takes two cards into hand

Opponent selects two cards from his hand to put back on deck

Opponent either puts a Victory card on his deck or reveals a hand with no victory cards

**EDIT** - what those three guys said. Must try to type faster...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But if you had no Victory cards left in hand, then you would just ignore Bureaucrat.

You do not ignore Bureaucrat. You reveal your hand with no Victory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jeffwolfe wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But if you had no Victory cards left in hand, then you would just ignore Bureaucrat.

You do not ignore Bureaucrat. You reveal your hand with no Victory cards.

Ignore the "discard" of Bureaucrat is what I meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
You play Bureaucrat

You gain a silver on top of your deck

Opponent reveals Secret Chamber

It doesn't make any difference here, but technically the Reaction card is revealed immediately when Bureaucrat is played, so the proper order is:

(1) Play Bureaucrat
(2) Opponent reveals Secret Chamber, resolving it fully
(3) Resolve Bureaucrat fully
a. Gain a Silver, putting it on top of your deck.
b. Opponents either put a Victory card on top of their decks or reveal a hand with no Victory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.