Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone ever tried a game of Mao with a Decktet deck? The dual suits seem like they would make it pretty awesome and add a whole new level to a classic. (I perused the forums quickly and didn't see any mention of Mao in the Decket area, but I apologize if it's already been discussed at length).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
Anyone ever tried a game of Mao with a Decktet deck? The dual suits seem like they would make it pretty awesome and add a whole new level to a classic. (I perused the forums quickly and didn't see any mention of Mao in the Decket area, but I apologize if it's already been discussed at length).

With the amount of information on your average Decktet card, I could see Mao turning a bit crazier than it appears to be. It might take quite a bit to figure out some of the rules from what is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I can play this game without thinking of the Deer Hunter and Russian Roulette.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Mao is already pretty complex. I think that the decktet cards would be too busy. Though my Mao partners included a Dr. in Mathematics, a computer programmer and a masters in Biology, so perhaps less involved groups could get more mileage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Mao with two Decktets before, but it has been a while. I believe my group enjoyed it. I only tweaked a couple of the base rules before starting. New rules are a little harder to figure out, but when you have a group that has played a lot of Mao together, the new rules were becoming too easy to figure out. My group loves the challenge of figuring out other people's rules, and the Decktet definitely brought Mao to the next level.

On top of that, with the dual suits, we found it easier to go out in the beginning thus having the ability to add new rules to the game quicker. So I'd rather play Mao with a Decktet over standard decks of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.