Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wooden pieces that are provided work quite well and there's nothing wrong with them, but I've seen some session reports now with the limited edition sets and I really like the look of those bits.

Is there anything already out there that might come close to the look of these wooden towns and villages?

Is there any possibility that upgraded bits might be provided for purchase separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could bid on my limited edition copy that I have on auction right now. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you could buy the Limited Edition, or you could buy the regular edition PLUS buy a few sets of Settlers of Catan and Caylus to get just the cities and houses, and have plenty of money leftover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
Well, you could buy the Limited Edition, or you could buy the regular edition PLUS buy a few sets of Settlers of Catan and Caylus to get just the cities and houses, and have plenty of money leftover!

But you wouldn't have the designer's signature on the back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:

Hahaha....was it that expensive?!

Also isn't the Limited Edition sold out? You know I think I have an 'ol copy of Settlers kicking around here somewhere....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Hahaha....was it that expensive?!

Also isn't the Limited Edition sold out? You know I think I have an 'ol copy of Settlers kicking around here somewhere....

It wasn't originally, but it is now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order houses/buildings here: http://www.spielmaterial.de/english3/

To be honest i prefer the components of the unlimited edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

Oh man! I'll bet the Unlimited Edition is even more expensive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
Or you could bid on my limited edition copy that I have on auction right now. ninja

Or mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
MidLifeDelta wrote:

Or mine.

You guys should provide links. Whatsa matter? Interested enough to order the limited edition, but didn't meet your expectations?

Or were you guys just doin' the scalper thingie?

(I'm not going to buy a whole new game for some cheap wood either...although I'm sure your ad will catch someone's attention)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
MidLifeDelta wrote:
Or you could bid on my limited edition copy that I have on auction right now. :ninja: :)

Or mine.

You guys should provide links. Whatsa matter? Interested enough to order the limited edition, but didn't meet your expectations?

Or were you guys just doin' the scalper thingie?

(I'm not going to buy a whole new game for some cheap wood either...although I'm sure your ad will catch someone's attention) :)

The Link You Requested

I like the game. I'm happy with the limited edition, but if some collector wants to pay, then I'll downgrade to the retail edition.

I've decided I want to be more of a player than collector (though I have been collecting 18xx's and AoS maps . . . but I really like playing those games). I think the upgraded component I'll miss from the Limited Edition is the wooden $. I hate that plastic money. I may try making my own wooden $ for my retail copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:
Is there any possibility that upgraded bits might be provided for purchase separately?

Never say never, but that would rather defeat the objective of the limited edition - which is that a direct sale by Treefrog is worth more than a sale via a distributor/retailer, and thus is to be encouraged, and not undermined by a "just get a bit of it later" expectation. It hasn't happened for any other Treefrog game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
mikecl wrote:

Never say never, but that would rather defeat the objective of the limited edition - which is that a direct sale by Treefrog is worth more than a sale via a distributor/retailer, and thus is to be encouraged, and not undermined by a "just get a bit of it later" expectation. It hasn't happened for any other Treefrog game.

You know I can kind of realized it the minute I wrote, it but posted it anyway because as you say....never say never.

That and you never know what you'll find out when you ask such a question on the often surprising, never predictable but always marvelous....Geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

GeoMan, can you purchase the same components as one finds in the limited edition? Just where would you go on this German site? meeple

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dimitrousis
Greece
Thessaloniki, Euosmos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:

Just where would you go on this German site? meeple

From the 'Categories' menu select 'Pawns & Other figures' and then at the sub-menu select 'Buildings'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

They do look a lot like the pieces that came with the limited edition.
What's different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

They do look a lot like the pieces that came with the limited edition.
What's different?

Those look like standard Settlers (Siedler von Catan) pieces, and if so are much larger. The quoted sizes agree with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered them anyways. They're pretty cheap. Thanks you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john mcnamara
United States
grand rapids
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
would settlers of catan pieces be too big? you can buy plain wood ones here

http://mayfairgames.com/goody.php?id=244

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind plastic bits and have a lot of settler bits. The settler bits seem to be a bit big for the board. I ordered smaller house and hotel plastic bits from Board & Bits and they fit nice. For the forts I ordered 3/4" round wooden bits also and painted them brown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.