Subject: My Early Stategy for the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This game can be some what luck driven with cards drawn. But there are strategies I've picked up.

First is this, get rid of cards you cannot immediately use. If you have a sweet Direct Hit effect, do not continue to hold it hoping for a direct Hit card, or visa vera. I've played plenty of rounds holding 1 or 2 cards that never ended up helping me, while loosing ships. Each time you do phase 2 (draw) you should be picking up 4-5 cards. If your only picking up 1-3 every draw phase you aren't going through cards well enough.

Next is BUY SHIPS. Because there are very few defense cards in this game your only real defense is ship fodder. If you can buy a ship, BUY it! Even if you loose a bomber, fighter, or some other cool card. Ships are your only defense.

As long as you do these two important things, maneuvering your ships to enemy weak points is easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried tightening your ships when you "loose" them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boarding party...ALWAYS keep boarding party if there's a dreadnaught on the board.

But yes, buy ships, and take the ones with the most Hull to start. Staying alive is the name of the game.

One bomber? Sell it. Two bombers? That's like a free auto kill every round. I'm not sure I'd always sell, it very much depends on carrier availability and fleet strength.

Also, kill the recyclons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.