Subject: Combining 4th with 3rd edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom None
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all,

I got caught by the 3rd/4th edition switches, and have a 3rd edition copy of the base game and Seafarers. I wanted to pick up Cities and Knights, but the 3rd edition is nowhere to be found. I'm okay as long as most of the game board art matches, and since there are no new terrain tiles, I feel like 4th ed. C&K would mesh well with the third edition base game.

Besides having to pick up a red die, do you well-versed Catanites see any other issues I would have to deal with combining the two editions?

Thanks much
:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
No issues. Go ahead. I've played with various friends' sets that are mish-mashes of lots of different editions. There's no reason to let different artwork bother you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 3rd edition settlers and 4th edition cities and knights, and I've never had any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify a bit more, if I recall correctly, the components here do not mix with the base set (ie the event cards in particular) that have the different backs from the new version. I think the new resource cards keep the same back so they won't be a problem when held in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.