Subject: More than one Thunderstone card... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello guys!
Could I add more than one thunderstone cards on 2-player normal game?
If yes... how set up correctly and how the game ends?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as i know there are no official rules for this but doesnt mean you can just do it...no one's going to come after you...i dont think whistle

you can either put in more than 1 guardian and draw a random thunderstone when revealed that you'll get when defeated

or add more in the bottom 10 cards

or add more in the rest of the deck and play until all monsters all gone

im sure there are better ideas out there though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Correctly is whatever is most fun to you!

Personally, I prefer to split the deck into piles of 10, put a thunderstone in each pile, shuffle the piles individually and stack them to make a dungeon. Thunderstones will come out from quite early on and the game ends when the last thunderstone is claimed.

Guardians get shuffled into piles starting from the second from bottom collection of 10 and moving toward the top of the deck, one per pile. They show up toward the end of the deck but always before the last thunderstone so you can't avoid them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Goateh wrote:
Correctly is whatever is most fun to you!

Personally, I prefer to split the deck into piles of 10, put a thunderstone in each pile, shuffle the piles individually and stack them to make a dungeon. Thunderstones will come out from quite early on and the game ends when the last thunderstone is claimed.

Guardians get shuffled into piles starting from the second from bottom collection of 10 and moving toward the top of the deck, one per pile. They show up toward the end of the deck but always before the last thunderstone so you can't avoid them.

Seems a fun idea Goat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded for Goat's method. It makes the Thunderstones interesting since you actually get to use the powers. Also it seems to lessen the impact from the VP bonus when using a single Thunderstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.