Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » General

Subject: FFG Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Woodhouse
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys have one of the best customer service departments I have come across. Last month I sent them an email trying to find out if I could purchase replacement cards for TOI & DOTF as mine had been lost when moving house. They got back to me and said they would see what they could do. To my surprise yesterday a complete set of cards turned up in the post. To be honest I didn't really expect then to worry about one gamer all the way down in New Zealand. Their TOI games are a bit more expensive than others of that type, but very good quality. Now combined with top customer service I guess I will have to purchase those expansions!!


8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, they are very good with that I once asked about replacing faded dice for the Doom board game, and they sent a set of the new engraved dice over right away, for free and with a nice handwritten note even though I'd offered to pay for postage at least. Top marks for Thaad!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on that! Had a wrong figure in my Battle Of Westeros-box and got a replacement in no time. Thaad's the best!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems as if Thaadd isn't with FFG anymore:
5 Years! (Last day at FFG!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought many FFG products, but have had only two games with problems. However, Thaadd, who is no longer with FFG, in customer service has been a great help in correcting the mistakes in a very short time.

Living in Thailand, I too didn't expect much, but he made good his promises and made everything right.

Even when he made a mistake, he did his best to correct it. What I mean by that, is that one time he sent me my replacement cards, but a couple of the cards were the wrong replacement cards. Thaadd quickly corrected the problem and in no time I got the two cards that I needed. Excellent service!

It is because of FFG's excellent customer service that I probably have many of their games, and more importantly, I feel comfortable when buying one of their games, because I know if there is a problem with the pieces, I have nothing to worry about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree FFG have been great at replacing damaged or missing items.
Though trying to get rules clarrifications and erratas on rules and scenarios, thats like trying to get blood from a stone
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
I agree FFG have been great at replacing damaged or missing items.
Though trying to get rules clarrifications and erratas on rules and scenarios, thats like trying to get blood from a stone


I e-mailed FFG customer service a couple of days ago asking for a rules clarification around LOS from Balka hexes in Fury of the Bear - I got a response from Rob Kouba (designer) within 36 hours.

On a related note, Rob said the answer to my question will be in the next FAQ for Tide of Iron - which suggests they are working on it (it is long overdue I must admit!)

Peter
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
I have bought many FFG products, but have had only two games with problems. However, Thaadd, who is no longer with FFG, in customer service has been a great help in correcting the mistakes in a very short time.

Living in Thailand, I too didn't expect much, but he made good his promises and made everything right.

Even when he made a mistake, he did his best to correct it. What I mean by that, is that one time he sent me my replacement cards, but a couple of the cards were the wrong replacement cards. Thaadd quickly corrected the problem and in no time I got the two cards that I needed. Excellent service!

It is because of FFG's excellent customer service that I probably have many of their games, and more importantly, I feel comfortable when buying one of their games, because I know if there is a problem with the pieces, I have nothing to worry about.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Thaadd's a girl.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie78 wrote:


On a related note, Rob said the answer to my question will be in the next FAQ for Tide of Iron - which suggests they are working on it (it is long overdue I must admit!)

Peter


Would you like to share your question and response from FFG with the rest of the group? whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
RayGuns wrote:
I have bought many FFG products, but have had only two games with problems. However, Thaadd, who is no longer with FFG, in customer service has been a great help in correcting the mistakes in a very short time.

Living in Thailand, I too didn't expect much, but he made good his promises and made everything right.

Even when he made a mistake, he did his best to correct it. What I mean by that, is that one time he sent me my replacement cards, but a couple of the cards were the wrong replacement cards. Thaadd quickly corrected the problem and in no time I got the two cards that I needed. Excellent service!

It is because of FFG's excellent customer service that I probably have many of their games, and more importantly, I feel comfortable when buying one of their games, because I know if there is a problem with the pieces, I have nothing to worry about.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Thaadd's a girl.


He/She, Him/Her, it doesn't make a difference. In the end we are all just "gamers" who enjoy a good miniatures game and/or board game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
wookie78 wrote:


On a related note, Rob said the answer to my question will be in the next FAQ for Tide of Iron - which suggests they are working on it (it is long overdue I must admit!)

Peter


Would you like to share your question and response from FFG with the rest of the group? whistle


Good point! That would be useful, I guess... blush

My question:

"I was after some additional clarification on how LOS works for the Balka and Balka Entrance hexes in Tide of Iron - Fury of the Bear (FotB).

In the FotB rulebook, it states that LOS 'into' a balka/balka entrance hex is only possible from adjacent hexes. The rulebook does not explicitly state if the the same is true in reverse? i.e. can a unit in a balka/balka entrance hex only see units in adjacent hexes too?

Thanks in advance."

Rob's response:

"Greetings,

It is meant to allow you to fire from the entrance hex normally. The exception would be firing across other balka hexes.

That will be in the next FAQ.

FFG"




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is of course : are they working on a new TOI-expansion (Pacific) as well...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
The question is of course : are they working on a new TOI-expansion (Pacific) as well...


I for one really hope so!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenpawn wrote:
It seems as if Thaadd isn't with FFG anymore:
5 Years! (Last day at FFG!)


Yeah I just found out today. I was pretty surprised...I'm sad to see her go, but I wish her the best in the future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie78 wrote:
RayGuns wrote:
wookie78 wrote:


On a related note, Rob said the answer to my question will be in the next FAQ for Tide of Iron - which suggests they are working on it (it is long overdue I must admit!)

Peter


Would you like to share your question and response from FFG with the rest of the group? whistle


Good point! That would be useful, I guess... blush

My question:

"I was after some additional clarification on how LOS works for the Balka and Balka Entrance hexes in Tide of Iron - Fury of the Bear (FotB).

In the FotB rulebook, it states that LOS 'into' a balka/balka entrance hex is only possible from adjacent hexes. The rulebook does not explicitly state if the the same is true in reverse? i.e. can a unit in a balka/balka entrance hex only see units in adjacent hexes too?

Thanks in advance."

Rob's response:

"Greetings,

It is meant to allow you to fire from the entrance hex normally. The exception would be firing across other balka hexes.

That will be in the next FAQ.

FFG"






He only talks about firing from the entrance (which is pretty clear in the rules anyway) this dosnt clear up if the unit in a balka can only have LOS to adjacent hexes outside the balka
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie78 wrote:
jesters_race wrote:
I agree FFG have been great at replacing damaged or missing items.
Though trying to get rules clarrifications and erratas on rules and scenarios, thats like trying to get blood from a stone


I e-mailed FFG customer service a couple of days ago asking for a rules clarification around LOS from Balka hexes in Fury of the Bear - I got a response from Rob Kouba (designer) within 36 hours.

On a related note, Rob said the answer to my question will be in the next FAQ for Tide of Iron - which suggests they are working on it (it is long overdue I must admit!)

Peter


strange i emailed FFG with a question about the balka rules 3 months ago and have heard nothing. Plus other rules question before that have even gone un answered (infact i have never had a response in regards to a rules question, only parts and damaged have got back to me)

I have been looking at other FFG titles but im not happy with the support they have been giving TOI (and even the work they put into the new expansion, so many errors and gray areas) so i have been looking at other games companies (GMT has got my attention at the moment)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
wookie78 wrote:
RayGuns wrote:
wookie78 wrote:


On a related note, Rob said the answer to my question will be in the next FAQ for Tide of Iron - which suggests they are working on it (it is long overdue I must admit!)

Peter


Would you like to share your question and response from FFG with the rest of the group? whistle


Good point! That would be useful, I guess... blush

My question:

"I was after some additional clarification on how LOS works for the Balka and Balka Entrance hexes in Tide of Iron - Fury of the Bear (FotB).

In the FotB rulebook, it states that LOS 'into' a balka/balka entrance hex is only possible from adjacent hexes. The rulebook does not explicitly state if the the same is true in reverse? i.e. can a unit in a balka/balka entrance hex only see units in adjacent hexes too?

Thanks in advance."

Rob's response:

"Greetings,

It is meant to allow you to fire from the entrance hex normally. The exception would be firing across other balka hexes.

That will be in the next FAQ.

FFG"



He only talks about firing from the entrance (which is pretty clear in the rules anyway) this dosnt clear up if the unit in a balka can only have LOS to adjacent hexes outside the balka


I was just thinking the same thing, in that it didn't really answer the question that everyone has been asking.

This was discussed in a different thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6560834

Here is an extract:
From page 4 and the back page of the FotB rule booklet:
Units in a balka hex are not in LOS except to units in adjacent hexes or if the attacking unit can trace its entire LOS through contiguous balka and/or balka entrance hexes to the target unit.

Balkas in TOI are supposed to be deep ravines, right?

I agree, the wording could have been better, but I also believe that the LOS rules should apply both ways.

How bout'...
Units in a balka hex can only be seen or see units in adjacent hexes. However, if the attacking unit can trace its entire LOS through contiguous balka and/or balka entrance hexes to the target unit, then a LOS exists.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a response from rob kouba from FFG in regards to the LOS issue.

Rule Question:
> I would just like to clear up something with the balka terrain, that
> has been discused on the forums alot.
>
> Unit A is in a balka hex, and unit B is 3 hexes away (clear terrain
> between them)
> I know the rules say unit B can not see unit A, but can unit A see
> unit B? or do the units need to be adjacent for them to both have LOS.
>
> The general consensus has been that for both units to have LOS they
> must be adjacent.


Greetings Mark,

The consensus is correct

FFG
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
I have had a response from rob kouba from FFG in regards to the LOS issue.

Rule Question:
> I would just like to clear up something with the balka terrain, that
> has been discused on the forums alot.
>
> Unit A is in a balka hex, and unit B is 3 hexes away (clear terrain
> between them)
> I know the rules say unit B can not see unit A, but can unit A see
> unit B? or do the units need to be adjacent for them to both have LOS.
>
> The general consensus has been that for both units to have LOS they
> must be adjacent.


Greetings Mark,

The consensus is correct

FFG


Question solved
So basically, the rules should have said something like:
"Units in a balka hex can only be seen or see units in adjacent hexes. However, if the attacking unit can trace its entire LOS through contiguous balka and/or balka entrance hexes to the target unit, then a LOS exists."

However -
What if your unit is standing on a non balka hex and adjacent to a balka hex, but still looking down a continguous line of balka hexes. Can your unit see all the way down that line of continguous balka hexes?

According to the rules, the answer should be yes.

Because if your unit is in the balka hex, it has LOS to all continguous balka hexes. If the unit is standing outside but adjacent, then that unit should also have LOS down a continguous line of balka hexes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.