United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a valid approach? ....

You know you are going to get whacked for 6 cards this turn. So, you spend all the flee or fight you have from your hand, getting your hand down to 2 cards. Then, you buy 4 cards back up to your hand size of the random starter cards laying on the table (placed there earlier by other players). Then you discard those same 4 cards and then one other card from your hand and one off the top of your deck... to pay for the Attrition cost at the end of your turn?

Legal? Shrewd? It made sense. Just wanted to make sure that it was "as designed"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only scavenge if you are successful at flee or fight in your turn, if you are successful in fight you don't lose cards, so I am assuming you are facing a flee of 11 or 12 and can successfully flee. Then, even though you got out of there and could buy, you still have to lose 6 cards, right?

OK... so if that is the case AND you have 2 non-zombie cards left in your hand, then yes you could use your scavenge value (flee value) to buy any ol' junk you wanted, fill your hand up to 6 cards, then do whatever you would like with the ones you lose.

Yes this is a valid strategy and really the only one to make flee pay off long-term. of course as the flee values go up each turn you will lose more and more of your cards and you'll eventually lose anyway. But yes it is a valid strategy for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Makes sense thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thought occurred to me. You can still buy beyond the amount you paid to Fight correct?

Example: There is a zombie with 4 "Strength" out. I pay 6 "Fight" into the battle. I can still buy 6 + whatever Scavenge I might have played correct? Not just 4 (the strength of the zombie) + Scavenge?

Same goes for Flee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct Cameron... you are correct about telling him he is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Correct Cameron... you are correct about telling him he is correct

Awesome

Hehe.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.