CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
A two-fold question;

Firstly; are there any of the books translated to English in the Queen's Blade series? If so any chance you can name which characters they are?

Secondly, assuming the answer to the first question is "yes", are there any only stores known to anyone that sell these books?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
AFAIK, there have been no books published in English. However, there are translations for a number of the books out on the internet, and FBI has "official" translations for a number of the books.

You can buy the Japanese books from a number of sources, including Flying Buffalo and J-List.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four English books; however, they were done as more of a promotional item, because Hobby Japan was present for some English convention last year. As far as I know, there are no plans for more. soblue
colonist Queen's Blade: Nanael the Angel of Light (English first edition)
colonist Queen's Blade: Alleyne the Fighting Master (English first edition)
colonist Queen's Blade: Melona the Protean Assassin (Melona English First Edition)
colonist Queen's Blade: Tomoe the Musha-Miko (English first edition)

I don't think you can find them any more: One of them was already sold out at GenCon last year before I came back to get books for a fellow fan.

Chris makes good suggestions about the translations. Flying Buffalo, Inc. (FBI) has someone who keeps providing translations, so the translations show up on their website. My friend "pastes" the books up with some very removable labeling (I'll have to ask what it is again), and it's quite playable that way. The hardest part is not having a good translation of the actual Queen's Blade flavor of the Lost Worlds rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
You can buy the Japanese books from a number of sources, including Flying Buffalo and J-List.

Just had a flick through FBI, looks like it would be pretty easy to make some labels using the data here for any of the books Thanks Fnord23!

zefquaavius wrote:

Great to hear! Though I'm guessing finding them is going to be a little hard. Sadly not the best of the characters translated either

zefquaavius wrote:
My friend "pastes" the books up with some very removable labeling (I'll have to ask what it is again), and it's quite playable that way. The hardest part is not having a good translation of the actual Queen's Blade flavor of the Lost Worlds rules.

If you can find out what your friend used for labeling that would be great! I am intending on tracing down some other Lost Worlds books as well so hopefully they will help with the flavor of the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the challenge with the rules is that the QB characters have special abilities, often one or more weapons, some of which are projectiles, and extra stuff to keep track of. Example: Melona is a shapeshifter, and can squirt or throw herself as a weapon. Anyway, when I play QB in real life, I always feel like I'm missing some rules, even though I have some other varieties of Lost Worlds books and rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
I was looking to fill in some of my missing books, and noticed on the FBI site that while they are recently out of the English books, they are restocking...might be worth keeping an eye on...

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/qbenglish.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.